How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know we did not talk to or were even rumored to talk to a single Sexton client. we aren't searching for the best candidate if we are not looking at a huge pool of them based on their agent. so no, this isn't a baseless position and this isnt a tantrum. it is a statement of fact.

Do you believe that the best candidate just happened to be from the same school as the AD? Or is that who he could get?

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

you believe it couldn't happen? That's all I am asking. set whether it happened aside.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That may be true, may not, but you don't know why if true. May have been out of DW's control.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No IP, you dont know we didnt reach out to any Sexton clients. You got that info off message boards and its wrong. You base all of your facts off message boards?

5. VOLinDAWGland

It doesn't matter what I [uck fay]ing believe. I don't know what happened or didn't happen nor why and neither do you. I choose not to be angry about something I don't know about.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lol.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Maybe I just don’t care enough any more but I don’t see what the big deal is over this. Whether he lied, embellished or made up whatever (or didn’t) doesn’t matter to me. If Heupel (I’ll quit calling him Batman... for the time being) actually works out all this will be a blip on the radar screen. If he crashes and burns expect to see this little sideshow revisited. Like when Saban compared losing the ULM game to 9/11... remember that?

No one else does either... or at least they haven’t thought about it in a long time.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

As an aside... does anybody else get weirded out saying “Tennessee head coach Josh Heupel”?? It just doesn’t sound natural to say out loud to me...

Back to your regularly scheduled arguing....

9. Ssmiff

Thats fine. You dont know who i talk to about some things and itll stay that way.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lmao.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I thought I'd feel a little more weirded out by having an air raid hunh offense at Tennessee.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think that once it got past the Franklins and Campbells, and the sure things were no longer an option, it came down to risk mitigation.

Heupel was the safest, solid asset he could acquire. Maybe a Chadwell or Elliot had a hiring ceiling, but the risk of the unknown outweighed whatever slight disparity in upside.

I’m sure White would have gladly hired a home run, but he went with the devil he knew once those options were off the table.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

who is one we reached out to?

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  14. juicemane

juicemane Member

What makes you think anyone here knows who all he reached out to?

15. VOLinDAWGland

Thank you!
    The unfounded assumptions and reading of DW's mind is amazing.

16. Ssmiff

Multiple nfl head and asst coaches to gauge interest. Did not reach out to Lane or Freeze as people hoped. Or jimbo or Gus. Not sure which other ones people would hope for, but there was no dodging his clients or his clients dodging UT for any other reason than the status of the program.
    Dont think people are realistic as to how caustic the UT environment is deemed by the coaching community.

17. Ssmiff

I get a little info, only when its brought up, due to my golf group which has a couple of agents in it as well as a couple former nfl players. We played twice this week.

18. juicemane

juicemane Member

I’m sure there are some here who have a little inside info about some people that were talked to. But to definitively say that he talked to NO Sexton clients seems a little ridiculous. Very few people know all the details of the search and those people sure as hell aren’t posting on this board.

19. juicemane

juicemane Member

He has turned around 2 different athletic departments, people who have worked with him practically gush over the guy. But he comes here in the middle of an absolute dumpster fire and doesn’t hire lane kiffin and apparently now the guy is just a big dumbass.

20. Ssmiff

I agree 100%. Freeze, Lane, Jimbo, Saban, muschamp, Gus...i believe are what most have in mind and obviously none of those would come here or be considered, regardless of who their agent is