How many wins makes 2019 a successful year?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Joshua Arnold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The only area we have a talent edge over teams not UF, UGA, BAMA, LSU is our Freshman and Sophomore classes. Zero player development and attrition has put our upperclassmen below most other teams. Until that mess is turned over I'm keeping my expectations tempored. I knew Butch sucked but I didn't know he was such a program killer. We are digging out of a deep hole.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Missouri has one of the best QBs in the SEC. He's a one year rental, though.

South Carolina is right there with Tennessee, talent wise too.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I don’t think talent matters against FL. The choke factor supersedes that. But no, not significantly. But FL, GA,Bama are the L’s I speak of. I don’t think anyone else is so talented solid coaching can’t win. But, I am also tired of giving the seemingly obligatory 1 more year to prove it. Like I said, I have gone negavol and games aren’t played on paper.

4. TDVol1989

1 guy? Their whole team can’t be more talented. I get the point, but it’s time to step up and pet the pony. Everyone has excuses...attrition, injuries, coaching changes, poorly timed schedules, climate change, etc. Win or quit. But again, I went negavol when Vandy went in dry. I watched TN football 20 years before we lost to Vandy. I reject the premise there is a reason we ever lose to Vandy and Mizz has owned us since joining the SEC.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Reading these two sentences makes me physically ill. Beating Vanderbilt is our birthright and the fact that A&M and Mizzou are even in the SEC (much less Arkansas and S. Carolina...) still sticks in my craw. The league was more fun when we played Auburn every year and rarely played Georgia or Florida.

6. TDVol1989

Nothing bothers me more than having 2 household jokes as coaches. Gump better step up because straight up stupid hasn’t cut it. It isn’t his fault that his predecessors were the Shower Scholar and Lord Farquad. But if you can’t dominate Vandy at Tennessee, it is time to enter the witness protection program, get a new identity, and get a job selling steak knives door to door.

You could spend a thousand years trying to convince me that Vandy was better on paper and you would have wasted every second. It is not possible. If we have a coach unwilling to go Woody Hayes trying to avoid losing to Vandy, then we have the wrong guy.

reverendgeneral likes this.
  7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I wish we could have the format that allows Auburn and Mizzou to swap but two permanent cross division rivals so neither UT or AU loses Bama.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh shit, how have I never heard this before? I laughed so hard my stomach hurts.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

3 of the past 5 years, UT has had no nfl draft picks. Shouldnt be a surprise to lose to teams with more talent, and unfortunately Vandy has been more talented at QB, RB, OL, lb and db.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

We play some dog shit teams ; GA State, Chattanooga, UAB. Thats embarassing. Thy should pay us to watch that shit.

11. TDVol1989

You’re welcome

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm so ready to get this season started and the disappointment over with by mid October.

InVolNerable likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to enjoy it one false hope at a time.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think there will be much false hope. Either this team comes out, looks well coached and ready or it's a shit show from day one.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Embracing destiny. I like it.

16. VOLinDAWGland

I'm confident they'll look well coached, question is will they have enough talent and depth. Is one year enough to counteract the 5 years of absolute incompetent shit?

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Son saw JG on campus yesterday and waved.
    He said it took JG 4 seconds to wave back.

TDVol1989 and utvol0427 like this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Did he only watch your son, without looking at any other eligible wavers?

kmf600 likes this.
  19. VOLinDAWGland

Rough crowd...lol

I'm looking forward to see if Chaney is able to simplify the game for him

IP likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

the shit guarantano gets is shameful. he does exactly what he's told, and has been making due in a shit situation since he got here.

he's tough as hell, and I respect him. I hope he balls out and makes a lot of you pretend like you always knew he was good. Ssmiff, looking at you.

I wouldn't wave at your son either. who the [uck fay] is he to waive back to?

Memtownvol and CardinalVol like this.