How we close the 2018 class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 28, 2017.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Johnny Unitas and Sammy Baugh - no stars combined.

zehr27 and lylsmorr like this.
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Robert Neyland never signed a 5 star.

CardinalVol likes this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This makes me optimistic for Feb.

hohenfelsvol and Ssmiff like this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's busting his ass right now

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Going to get a lot easier for the big guy after tonight. Hopefully can get some sleep when he has just one job

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i'm excited. We are going to have a really good week on the hill thru sunday.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sleep in Feb.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Need a body at NT.

9. Ssmiff

Hoping Eric Crosby can be one for us. Also have a 6'3 330 lb kid named Smith on the roster. Both freshmen. Maybe they can step in and step up

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Can anyone elaborate on this for myself and others who don't follow recruiting?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Here's how I see Tennessee finishing, they have 14 signed and 4 committed. I think two of the commits, Flint and Grant go elsewhere. That leaves 9 spots.

1. Jacob Copeland 4* WR from Florida
    2. Johncarlo Valentin JUCO OL
    3. Olaijah Griffin 4* CB from California
    4. Eddie Smith 3* CB from Louisiana
    5. Malik Langham 3* DE from Alabama
    6. Quay Walker 4* LB from Georgia
    7. Mo Washington 3* RB from Texas
    8. Coynis Miller 4* DT from Alabama
    9. Nikko Hall 4* S/WR from California

Isaac Taylor-Stuart is a 5* DB from California that is visiting here last, they would make room for him. Tre'Shaun Harrison is an athlete DB/WR that they would take if he's interested, but he's probably following Taggert to FSU. Geordon Porter is a WR they would take if Nikko Hall doesn't come.

That's just how I see it finishing.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Griffin is likely to end up a 5*

Would be a pretty impressive haul. Miller and Walker right now are the biggest reaches IMO, but we have a good shot with both.

13. Ssmiff

we have a chance to sign some caliber players we haven't signed in awhile at cb, wr and lb, imo, and have some 2019 guys coming to visit this weekend. I believe 5 from one Ga school called Grayson, and all appear to be players. Ga will continue to recruit at a high level without having to try very hard, but they can't take them all, and Ga will continue to put out a lot of good players we will grab. Our new DC Sherrer from Ga will hopefully help with that as well

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If he closes like this where do we finish IYO? Or Groves who originally posted it. Or whoever.

Except people that think .999=1 they will find a way of rounding this class up to the #1 position.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He would be all over a top 10 class

A-Smith likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

A top 10 class would be amazing in year 0

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got a lot of elite players in the 2019 class coming in this weekend, as well as 2018 guys.

The 2018 guys are JJ Peterson 4* LB (committed to TN), Quay Walker 4* LB (committed to Alabama), Eddie Smith 3* CB, C'Bo Flemister 2* RB/CB (Georgia Tech commit), Geordon Porter 3/4* WR and Brandon Aiyuk a JUCO WR.

The 2019 guys are Jaylen McCollough 4-star DB from Georgia, Darnell Wright the #1 OT that's a 5* from West Virginia, in-state guys Adonis Otey 4* DB , Jackson Lampley 3* OT and Trey Knox 4* WR. Four guys from Grayson in Georgia, Owen Pappoe high 4* OLB, Kenyatta Watson 4* DB, Ronald Thompkins 3* RB and Wanya Morris 4* OT are coming in.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. BigOrangeBeech

Absolutely, 8-10 somewhere. And would be a great finish considering what all has gone down.

19. BigOrangeBeech

Dylan Wonnum, OL out of GA is another to watch. 4* OT visiting sometime this month. Be a good replacement for Mays.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think it's going to be really hard to hold onto players of that caliber with the season we are going to have in 2018.