Hugh Freeze

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 26, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn’t Saban want him as an analyst? He now has Butch Jones in that role.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He probably wanted him on staff as much as he wanted to keep him off somebody else's staff. He gave them fits while at Ole Miss.

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Well that’s good. Freeze and his hookers will score 45 a game against top competition at some place and UT fans won’t have to repent every Saturday even though we can’t score 10 points in 7 quarters.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Seems like we will catch a lot of shit if we accept Hugh Freeze getting hired after we rejected Schiano.

I’m not saying it makes sense or that their situations are comparable, but it will definitely happen.

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It makes a pretty good amount of sense. We will get crucified for it.

Tar Volon, utvol0427 and chavisut like this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We already said we wanted him. We’ve still got to repent. At this rate we’ll never get out of purgatory.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

IDGAF. We aren't here to be the moral compass of the SEC, we want to win just like everyone else. Let those fans suffer through wretched coaching searches and subsequent hires for a decade plus and get back to me. It's only a story if it doesn't work on the field.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Dumb people can be dumb, who cares. I’m sure Dan Wolken will have a great Twitter rant but who gives a damn. Freeze is a sack but I don’t see why Tennessee should be ashamed to employ him. They’ve employed worse, every other SEC team has, does, and will continue to also.

GahLee likes this.
  10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

For once in your life, you actually do make sense. Being such a rare occurrence for you, it’s understandable that you don’t realize it.

justingroves, kptvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

This was my thought exactly.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have more against hiring him because of his persona as a good little boy than I do because of what he actually did.

Schiano is the teacher that didn’t turn in the gym teacher for abusing kids in the showers while Freeze is the shop teacher that left his door unlocked and let kids know so they could hook up with the art teacher. Both wrong but we are talking different levels here.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t think it makes sense to compare someone involved with purchasing a prostitute to someone involved with a child sex scandal.

TangoUniform likes this.
  14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The shop teacher that bangs the music teacher and the girls PE teacher himself while also leading the before school bible study and leading prayers in class.

Point stands though.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Again, every SEC team didn't spend the last year being righteously indignant about not hiring a shitty coach and then fall flat on their face 12 months later. We've been an embarrassment for 10 years now, why keep digging? Because the guy beat Alabama a few times with an offense that we guess was his? And this offense just so happens to have had 5 stars littered all over it, gotten with hamfisted tactics that, bear with me, cannot be repeated. By him, and especially not here.

There are plenty of good OC's out there that run better offenses, hell, Gus Malzahn beat Bama twice, too, and he didn't get caught paying players, soliciting hookers, or find himself the target of a defamation suit. This reporting is lazy, and if Freeze is really that high on Pruitt's list, he's [uck fay]ing lazy, too.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Who's to say it will work on the field?

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Pretty sure we can find a better than just competent OC who also isn’t an utter piece of shit as a human being...

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

If the high school stories are true, got to look elsewhere... Period, end of story.

I'm all for 2nd chances, but UT, with where we are at and what we did last coaching search, can't take that liability on.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

This...let him rehab at a lower tier school.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I doubt he’ll have to.