Hugh Freeze

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

After our last 15 years, I'd say we're considered one of those lower tier jobs right now.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a hard truth many fans don't and maybe can't understand. We are a place that derails or arrests careers more often than not right now. We overpay, though.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

University of Tennessee... the premier coaches graveyard in all of CFB...

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

The good coaches we’ve hired have bounced back fine. Wilcox, Shoop, Chaney, etc.

tvolsfan, Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Shoop is coaching the same at MS st, leaving lbs or safeties to make plays in space. He Also has nfl talent at all 3 levels, and isnt leaving a Colton Jumper man on the slot or to cover the rb in the flat. Same defense. Better players.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's not entirely true. He's stated that he's done stuff different than at Tennessee and is going to do it his way or will get fired now.

kmf600 and IP like this.
  7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Hell, even Dooley is in a better P5 job than he ever had prior to coming to Tennessee.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shoop, on his time at Tennessee:

“Compared to Tennessee, we all came in as a new staff here, so it’s an opportunity for us to create a culture,” Shoop said last week in an exclusive interview with USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee.

“And I think one of the things, looking back, that I really tried to do at Tennessee, whether it was to my detriment or whatever, was to try to fit into that culture – and really, in some ways, never got a chance to be myself or who I was.”

“The one thing I made sure I was going to do, after my experience at Tennessee,” Shoop said, “I was going to do it the way I wanted to do it, and I wasn’t going to compromise anything.”

zehr27 and chavisut like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's the right way for coordinators and up to approach it. Be the guy that got you there.

10. Ssmiff

I'm sure hes made adjustments but I watched them quite a bit this year and see the same setups and calls. Hes got some DL that are nasty though and lbs that can run, along with 2 nfl dbs that i noticed, so its not as easy to pick a mismatch as it was when he was here.
    He also blitzed more, but has some talent to do it.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

go pay kingsbury $1 mil a year

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think he was too well-stocked at Vandy when his defense did pretty dang well against the whole SEC and our offense (which had like 9 NFL players on it) in particular.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He has the number one defense in the country and has had high level defenses everywhere else too.

He’s good.

Indy likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

we couldn't stop the run. That's all I know. Didn't look like we wanted to. Saw the same thing the last 2 games this year.

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Have you been in a coma the last 15 years? Long line of POS have roamed UT sidelines. What is one more?

16. GahLee

Nobody. He comes here and hits the ground running there wont be a single person on this board talking about what may or may not have happened at Briarcrest 25 years ago.

Opposing fans and media can get in line to suck our collective [penis] as far as I am concerned.

Ben Tobin likes this.
  17. GahLee

Exactly.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was open to Freeze, but learning of these hs era accusations and this post has made me fully realize that was an error of judgement on my part. We need to look elsewhere.

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

We’ve also had a few really good coaches who weren’t moral degenerates too. If we can get one of those, I say let’s. It doesn’t have to be one way or the other.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There will be at least one.