Hurd Gone

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Wish Kiffin had been coach. He would have found a creative way to use Hurd. Would love to have seen him line up at TE or FB in front of Kamara.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Do you really think we have had the same offense as Clemson, bama, and UGA?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Okie and Bama have won plenty without mobile QBs.

justingroves likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

spread option, rpo, screens, qb draws, qb keeper big part of the game, always in the shotgun, use of the jet sweep, then have some speed and height outside as a slot kid picks on a safety. Whatever offense you want to call it, that was what was attempted to run with Dobbs. Yes, same stuff Clemson runs. And OK. And Bama, with more downhill running and less hesitation. They have better players and coaches doing it better. I read an article 2 months ago about Fromm changing the ga offense by running the zone read, as they have 75% of their running plays from the gun.

5. cotton

If you think our offense is the same as Georgia's and Alabama's, I don't think we have any more to discuss.

6. Ssmiff

7. Ssmiff

8. cotton

9. Ssmiff

Man you have called me dumb, stupid and blowhard. Take whatever you have in your hand, and shove it up your ass.

10. cotton

Another alternative would be for you to not be dumb, stupid, and blowhard. Either you don't know what you are talking about and don't know it so you rattle on like an expert, or you don't know what you are talking about and do know it and rattle on like an expert. I am not sure which it is, so I apologize for whichever thing I said was a mischaracterization. But if you measure the success of an offense by one guy who did well after he left it, and you think Alabama's offense is the same as Tennessee's, then you don't know what you are talking about.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

So you'd still take Hurd over Kamara?

12. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

man... kamara ... had he gotten on the field more (ANYWHERE on the field), he's probably the Julio Jones of tennessee.