Hurd Gone

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Hurd was just a square peg being forced into a round hole in this absolute abomination of an offense.

Wish him the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not sure what the offense actually practices.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

My opinion. He is 6-4,240. He needs to be in the I formation or at minimum, the pistol formation. The reason he can't do his job the way he wants to do it is because Josh Dobbs is incapable of doing his job. Josh Dobbs can't go under Center and perform a simple three-step drop, Hurd has to line up and attempt to read the defense instead of running downhill with a lead blocker. Defenses know that and they've just been loading up and killing the man. I wish him the best. Get out while you can...Lord knows this offense has taken years off of your career.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

So now he's staying?

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, Jimmy.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like Jalen could do some real damage if he decided to publicly accuse him of broken promises. I'd say Butch will try to keep this as amicable a separation as possible.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They did pistol this year and it was very ineffective.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bortch is an idiot and pos, but quitting on your team in the middle of the season is weak sauce and certainly will not help his draft stock

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[​IMG]

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The damage is already done though. Recruiting is going to really nose dive

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah he's gerna kerck yer erss, Berch Jerns

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He gone

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yep. Sounds like it's butch confirmed.

14. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

LOL, this is going to play out well in recruiting. Your Heisman Trophy candidate RB leaves the team half way through the season, your Heisman candidate QB is struggling terribly, and your 5 star WR leaves the team halfway through the season.

The writing is on the wall now boys. It isn't a matter of IF Butch Jones is canned...but when. I don't know if he makes through the end of next season. He is a dead man walking and all the signs are there.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Lulz @ Chris Low... Calling our coach Butch Davis in his article on ESPN.com. I'm sure they'll correct it shortly but it's funny to read that...

16. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

i honestly don't know that I've seen this situation happen before... your starting RB decides to transfer mid-season?

wtf do you do with that?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What juniors other than Barnett have a decent shot at getting drafted? You would think they might move on. But I can't think of any that would have a very good shot.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It's been a shitty past 3 days or so....wow.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kamara

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Josh Malone may pull a Marquez North