Hurd Gone

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Oct 30, 2016.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Kyle Phillips was really close to transferring last year. After the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That would be pretty damning. Especially considering the guy after Dobbs is borderline guaranteed to be a better passer.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Watch Jones run John Kelly out of the I all day long this Saturday....

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, what's funny is he's starting at defensive tackle due to injuries after refusing to move during the off season

5. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Rucker says if there were promises made about the way he was being used that were not being fulfilled "Other players would be telling us that was the case. Off the record".

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thank you for posting, but Rucker is a worthless clown that wanted to murder anyone that criticized Dooley throughout his entire tenure.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  7. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Yes, Rucker is the coach worshiping ball massaging "sportswriter" that Clay Travis mocks. The guy is a clown.

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Not disagreeing about Rucker but, None of the official sports writers criticize coaching. At least not very much. It gets them exiled.

9. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Who was the guy that asked Lyle about Jalen Hurd after Lyle had said no more questions? "Well, I'm asking anyway." I was listening on the radio, but wish I could have saw his face.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wish I had heard that. Bravo to that person

11. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Lyle: "Next question." Then, complained about the female reporter leaving after asking her "negative" question.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

They really shouldn't. That isn't their job. They are really supposed to tell their audience what happened, and ask questions of the experts like coaches and players to help explain why. That's reporting.

The problem is that they often become too ingrained and start slanting their reporting trying to protect people, or tell the story a certain way to make sure the coach looks good. They think it gets them better access or helps increase the audience, or maybe they are just fans at heart and can't really help but root for the guys they cover every day. That's advocating, not reporting. It'll flip, though, as soon as they found out they've been had, but they still won't report. They'll turn and advocate against.

The ability to coexist with the people you are covering while still reporting on them intelligently and objectively is rare. People that can do it typically don't get stuck covering amateur sports for local media for very long.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Most would ignore naysayers on Twitter. Rucker went after them. Looked like a real idiot when Dooley was proven beyond all doubt to be a complete loser, but he never owned up to it.

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

John Brice right now on 104.5 "I'd be surprised if Hurd didn't just train and go into the NFL draft. I'd be surprised if he really transfers."

15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

More Brice "This is not the first time that Hurd has thought about transferring..."

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Most of these guys run 3 hour long shows 5 days a week shows. They can't just report. Opinion is mandatory or you've got dead air time.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So he was sold a false bill of goods about the I formation. Forget Botch

18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Also Brice eludes to the fact that this is not a transfer. And maybe even not voluntary on Hurds part.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can confirm from a couple of players that Butch has promised a lot of bullcrap in trying to keep guys from leaving. Can't say he did for Hurd, but the idea certainly isn't unbelievable.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I mean does anybody think Hurd is going to spend two more years of his life playing football for free ?