Hurd Gone

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Oct 30, 2016.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Listened to that horse malarkey. Shifting blame is what that sounded like to me.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

* one year sitting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He should. Can go train somewhere and make himself an hback if he wants. Can also sign big fat deal as halfback and figure the rest out later. There's a spot for him in the NFL next season if he wants it.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

True. Reporter and radio host are pretty mangled up in a lot of cases.

Do all of these sports beat paper guys run radio shows?

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that Butch did not kick him off the team. He doesn't have the nads

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There's around three stations that run I think 6am to 7pm. Most have a cohost.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

hyams saying he might transfer to cal. doesn't make a lot of sense given the scheme.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is looking to play te. He'd be a monster te at Cal.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

TE or DE is where his size matches up best. I remember people saying he had small hands. Can't remember if that was just Marco Rubio saying that or if it has been confirmed

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Great time to remember that when Butch first got the UT job, he had to do some major work just so he could get in MUS' campus bc he and Elder totally screwed a kid from there. It took 2 months of convincing just to let him back on campus and Elder had to do all his recruiting of Richmond from off campus bc he was stil not welcome.

Basically they asked a MUS kid to grey shirt at cincy bc they over recruited. He agreed, I believe mostly bc his father had just passed and it allowed him to help his mom out at that time. Butch and Elder decided at some point that fall they were gonna recruit over the kid and slowly start breaking contact to the point where there is no contact, even when his coaches tried calling. Then they find out that Cincy had red flagged the kid with the NCAA, presumably to get out of a binding financial aid agreement....He bolts to TN and the kid is stuck... finally the kid got eligible at MTSU just in time for that fall semester, but it took going through a lot of red tape.

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Toos is totally throwing JH under the bus and trying to say it isn't Lyle's fault. The sheer volume of dumb over there hurts my head.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have to give Hurd the benefit of the doubt.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They rebound quick over there. Lose a game on Saturday, hate the coach, get over it on Sunday and jump back on the Butch train by Monday.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Travis Stephens blasting Hurd at the other place.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I am a bit torn on the situation. It's hard to support a quitter who isn't getting what he wants. All hating Lyle's sorry coaching ass aside, that's what's happening here. Why would someone with an infallible system ever go to an I formation when none of his offenses have ever featured it? Surely he looked at some of the crap he fielded at Cincinnati before committing.

That being said, Lyle is obviously a lying pos and deserves to be kicked square in the nuts by every player he's lied to over the years.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  16. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

FYP, you assumed that he has a pair.

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Do any NFL teams run the I formation ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

He was going to transfer after the bowl game but Jones put in the I formation stuff to keep him around. Pretty shitty of Butch. Hurd was open to pistol formation as well.

19. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

I think he is still close with Vic Wharton.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Mark Howard from the Wake Up Zone in Nashville calling Hurd out. Says that quitting on your teammates is "unforgivable." **** him.

Meanwhile, Frank Wycheck says he thinks there is more to the story and wants to hear what comes out over the next month or two before jumping to negative conclusions about Hurd. At least somebody isn't a complete moron.