Hurd Gone

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Oct 30, 2016.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Howard and Kaharski (however you spell his name) are reasons 1a and 1b why I dont listen to Nashville sports radio.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Swain implied that Hurd refused to go back in the game against SC. The result was Fils-Ame going in and the weird fumble between he and Dobbs.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've been tired of the Wake Up Zone for a while, but the alternative (Mike and Mike) isn't significantly better. I do enjoy 3HL in the afternoons though.

Howard essentially put the blame for that fumble on Hurd as well. I thought I remembered someone on here saying that it looked like it was on Dobbs?

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

this is 100% true based on what I heard sunday.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like Paul, you just have to remember he's playing the villain.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Why is the world are you even attempting any type of play involving a starting qb and 4th string rb even attempting a fake? Drop back and do a vanilla hitch.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Chart said fake it.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Losing that game shouldn't be on the shoulders of Hurd. In year four Butch should have better control of his team and its clear that the team hasn't progressed besides being more talented

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's hard to defend all of Hurd's actions, but that fumble is not one bit on him.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Fils-aime reached out for the ball as if the call was for play action. If it was, Dobbs never faked the hand-off and immediately turned to throw. Not sure whose fault it was, but why call a play-action pass where the QB never sells the run?

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know the answer already, and I know this was a rhetorical question, but it needs to be said, over and over and over:

Because our coach is a damn moron.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In all fairness this one seemed to be a freshman RB screwing up but who knows

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But who ultimately makes that call with a RB I have never even heard of? This offense is so messed up, I lump it all into one big bag of refuse at the feet of Jones.

I understand that individual plays are laid at the feet of the players, but the totality of it must be laid on Jones.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Clearly hurds fault that they can't hand off. Fils-Ames is still a zygote too. Should have known better.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

What I mean is the RB did something he probably shouldn't have, that wasn't called. Everything you say is true though.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dobbs apparently admitted after the game that it was a play action pass. He just never did the fake. So, that's at least partially on him.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Didn't hear that. Nice.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

****, why couldn't Dobbs have just been a better QB? I love everything about the kid's work ethic and character... he's just not a good football player.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Because he doesn't have a coach.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Very little these guys have done makes any sense. It's like they've always purposefully tried to make things as difficult as possible.