Hurd Statement to Media

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by knoxvol, Nov 6, 2016.

1. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

2. juicemane

juicemane Member

I don't care what anyone says, it was a [itch bay] move to quit in the middle of the season. Even if you hate you incompetent head coach, you finish the season for your teammates.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And the fact that he didn't should tell you that there's probably much more to this story than what's being said.

4. juicemane

juicemane Member

I just stared at your avatar for like 5 minutes. Still think it was a [itch bay] move.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Agreed.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Isn't she lovely?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think it's extremely wrong.

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yes, your opinion on Hurd has been quite emphatic.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not a fan of the "never quit on your teammates" line of thought, especially for college players.

At this level the risk of serious injury is very real, and you are not even getting paid your value. Not even remotely.

And if you wanted to quit after last year and people lied to you to keep you here, then you owe that person nothing. Your teammates are just collateral damage, unfortunately. But life isn't always fair nor does it go the way you want it to go.

I'll never know what really happened, but I wish Hurd the best in whatever endeavors he goes after.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yep. He tried to do it the "right way" at the end of last year.

The alleged grown ass man who makes $4mil is the one that lied and put him in this spot.

10. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

reading that statement, all I get out of it was what was reported..

he wanted i-formation and he didn't get it. end of story.

injuries shminjuries... if he got his i-formation, he wouldn't be [itch bay]ing about injuries

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He was lied to and wasted another year of eligibility. He could have left after game 2 and I wouldn't have been mad at him

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Best avatar ever. Who is she?

13. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I don't blame the kid one iota. At this point his health and well-being is far more important for his NFL career outside of the next 3 shitty opponents for a berth in the Outback bowl.

He rode this shitty offense for as long as he could. Jones dangled the carrot at the end of the stick for Hurd against Northwestern.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't think this is about health. This is about what Hurd knows is an awful offense for his one-cut, downhill football style. He has been lied to repeatedly about it changing to better suit him. He bought it every time it was sold him, even in recruiting and that's on him. He is a great runner, but not in a zone read scheme that asks him to dance into clearings.

Botch kept lying and he kept buying it, even though the head idiot brought in a washed up and historically awful OC just so he could keep pushing his awful offense. I don't think there is much more to it than that. Hurd wants to run in something that suits him and he's pissed that he stayed the extra year running the same crap.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Daniela Lopez Osorio

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

AKA, Miss Purdy turd cutter

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yes.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The teammates that voted to suspend him for the A&M game? F**k them.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If true talk about inmates running the asylum.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You're about to get on Botch's back pocket list and 8thmaxim ignore list.