Hurd

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Mar 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Anyone hearing that Hurd may have seriously hurt his shoulder?

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No, but I watched that game thinking, well here goes. One of Tennessee's more promising recruits of the last few years is about to get injured with everyone watching.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've heard it but don't believe it's as bad as some are making it out to be

4. GahLee

I don't like him playing both sides of the ball. Even though he's a tank of a human it's a bit much to ask a kid that plays as hard as he does to play that much.

Maybe some of the coaches/former coaches can shed some light how they used star players but to me it's almost irresponsible to jeopardize his future for the sake of winning. Especially since they could win without him play defense.

Maybe I'm overacting because I want to see him be the superstar player many of us think he can be.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He asked the coaches to let him play defense. They rotate he and Carter frequently. He's no different than thousands of other high school players that play both sides.

6. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

it's been reported on 104.5 now

I don't know. 2 shoulder injuries to our future all sec qb before the 2nd game of his sr year is just bad news

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Where's [penis] the douche Huffman now? Should've trusted twitter.

8. GahLee

I understand that, I just see him trying to take players heads off and think its going to backfire. We have had a good run of bad luck as Vol fans, it's hard to lose sight of that.

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

anyone know if he will have surgery or not?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If it's really a torn labrum, then yes he will and he's done for the season.

11. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

ya my former teammate/roommate had it done in college. but he also had nerve damage. just wasn't sure if anyone knew for sure

12. GahLee

Is a torn labrum what's being floated out there?

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

BPV is confident on Mixon.

RS Hurd, we re good.

14. limpleg

by the mechanism of the fall where he reached the arm out and got hit, I would guess a labrum. Lot's of people fall like that and tear the labrum. Drew Brees had one of the most invasive labrum surgeries possible on his throwing arm and he is fine. It's worrysome that a young kid has had two shoulder problems, but that particular accident/injury can happen at any time. If it is indeed a labrum, we will have a well rested rb and will have saved a year of pounding and him coming in like a bullet with his shoulder from safety, as he appears to do.

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i was thinking a few wks ago that if I were him I would have to the hs team peace, and sat out this year.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Redshirt this year iyam

17. limpleg

Of course I'm always looking for the positive. I know the kid is crushed right now, but he'll hopefully come back stronger and will miss a year of body abuse.
    He will be using one of my machines after surgery though. The newer vasopneumatic devices can really accelerate healing and therapy.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Torn labrum, chipped collarbone, broken shoulder blade are three that keep popping up. I don't see how he continued to play if the collarbone was chipped or his shoulder blade broken.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Will he be 100% next year? No idea how long it will take him to recover from whatever injury he has.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Labrum or collarbone yeah, a broken shoulder blade is a big deal, but you're not playing again with a busted shoulder blade