Hypothetical Festival

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. What would you do, personally, if someone intentionally desecrated an American flag in front of you? Burned it, spat or stepped on it, etc.?

2. What would you do if you were several years into a happily and heterosexual marriage, when your spouse suddenly expressed her/his desires for bisexuality, and which they were previously unaware or which had simply been repressed?

3. What would happen if Tennessee goes 7-5 in this upcoming regular season? What would you do - and how would the University respond, if even at all?

4. If you were walking through a parking lot toward your car, and witnesed a man who was obviously trying to unlock his car door by fidgeting with a coat hanger at the window - would you offer to help? What if he was also berating the woman with him, and ostensibly who he blamed for having locked the keys in the car, via an incessant tirade of blameful obscenities - would you still offer to help, or intervene in any way? If so, how? If not, why?

5. If the POTUS granted you the use of the Exexutive Action pen for one (1) tangible thing - and only one thing - what would you sign into law?

6. If you could have unlimited and unfettered access to any one place in the world - but couldn't add or remove, or alter anything about it - where would it be? The White House? Upper floor of Graceland? Private island?

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

1. Nothing. People are entitled to their own opinion about things, even if I don't agree.

2. If it I get to join in the fun, sign me up. If it is something that she felt required us to split, so be it and I hope it makes her happy.

3. I'd be pissed, but not surprised. I'd be done with watching/attending games until Butch was gone. The university wouldn't do a damn thing. Again, I'd be pissed, but not surprised.

4. I wouldn't offer to help, because I don't have any useful skill in regards to that situation. I'd see if he needed to borrow a cell phone to call a locksmith. I wouldn't intervene at all with him and the woman unless he were to become physical toward her.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

1. I would try to stop them if I could, considering my current health status.

2. Well hello there!

3. I would consider suicide, but settle for a lynching. If there was not an immediate termination of the coaching staff, probably will have watched my last UT game.

4. I have offered assistance in the past so why not?

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

1. Ignore it with a shrug. What am I going to do, argue them into having more sense?

2. Reconsider my heretofore non-religious beliefs.

3. The excuse makers for Butch would be cut in half, but there would still be some. I would give Butch about a 30/70 shot at survival at that point, maybe worse. The only thing that would give me pause is that he's Hart's baby, if he manages to survive, too.

No way we go 6-5 with that shit show of a schedule, though.

4. I would probably assess the situation based upon potential for getting my ass kicked and then offer to help in a way to calm the situation as best as possible.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Agreed, anything less than ten wins will disappoint.

6. Tenacious D

Two new.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I will admit I'm lost.

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

1. Ignore them. I'm assuming the person is just looking for attention.
    2. Tough one. I think I'm taking utvol's answer here.
    3. I stop watching the games. I'm assuming at that point it's just bad for me to watch UT play. I think the University fires Butch and hires Mike Gundy.
    4. I probably walk away, because honestly I'm just a lazy mfer.
    5. Congressional term limits. I don't think it's a silver bullet or anything. I'm just curious about the effect it would have on politics.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My reaction would largely depend on why the 12th game got canceled

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

1) always a tough question, as I am a firm believer in the 1st Amendment and the flat (hopefully) is their property. But it is the Idea that they are really burning and spitting upon, and there is nothing you can do to combat that. Fortunately I have never been faced with this dilemma.

2) Tell her that if she wants to sexually be with someone else, she can file for a divorce, man or woman or both.

3) I would stop watching about half way through the season, curse Lyle's name on this forum with vigor and variety. UT would be forced to fire him, as well as anyone remotely related to him, including Hart. There would be no choice.

4) There is nothing I could do to help a single guy trying to get into a car with a coat hanger. I might call the police on him though. As for the woman thing, we are so conditioned in this country (and perhaps as humans) that we stay out of family matters, that it is private, that I might not say anything. I would intervene if it was physical, however. I would like to think that I would intervene no matter what, as psychological blows are just as debilitating many times as physical ones. But again, there is always that trepidation of "butting in."

11. Tenacious D

2 new questions added to original 4.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

1. What would you do, personally, if someone intentionally desecrated an American flag in front of you? Burned it, spat or stepped on it, etc.?

I believe in freedom of speech. So not sure on this one. It's a dilemma.

2. What would you do if you were several years into a happily and heterosexual marriage, when your spouse suddenly expressed her/his desires for bisexuality, and which they were previously unaware or which had simply been repressed?

Hubba hubba. Time to add in some spice to a 20 year plus marriage.

3. What would happen if Tennessee goes 6-5 in this upcoming regular season? What would you do - and how would the University respond, if even at all?

To quote Princess and the Bride, "Inconceivable?!?". Time for a top level coaching change, again. Not even sure how someone could dispute that with this level of talent on the team. If they fail that bad, it's from the top. I would write flaming emails to the DNC about it. That way I can be assured that everyone will read them.

4. If you were walking through a parking lot toward your car, and witnesed a man who was obviously trying to unlock his car door by fidgeting with a coat hanger at the window - would you offer to help? What if he was also berating the woman with him, and ostensibly who he blamed for having locked the keys in the car, via an incessant tirade of blameful obscenities - would you still offer to help, or intervene in any way? If so, how? If not, why?

I would like to think I would ask if everything is all right to the man and woman. If woman says all is ok I would head back towards my car but monitor situation to assure nothing gets out of hand. If it does get out hand, step in.

5. If the POTUS granted you the use of the Exexutive Action pen for one (1) tangible thing - and only one thing - what would you sign into law?

Make military service a requirement upon turning 18 (18 to 24 months).

6. If you could have unlimited and unfettered access to any one place in the world - but couldn't add or remove, or alter anything about it - where would it be? The White House? Upper floor of Graceland? Private island?

Option 1 - White house. Want to know what the f* is going on and why.
    Option 2 - Private tropical island. Self explanatory.

13. Tenacious D

Fair - edited, with apologies.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

5) The dissolution and erasing of the abomination that is Alabama Football.

6) The Vatican.

15. Tenacious D

Great choices.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

5. Not sure exactly, but something along the lines of completely overhauling/revamping our current two party system and election process.

6. The Pentagon. Being able to see what all goes on there that isn't common knowledge or available to the general public would be fascinating to me.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

5. Limit campaigning to a short window prior to election with no campaign contributions allowed.

6. Classified archives of the FBI/CIA. I can only wonder at the shit I would find.

18. Tenacious D

My #5 - I would make it illegal to list any Party affiliation on ballots.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I'm on board

20. Tenacious D

As to #6, I read something awhile ago where a former CIA archivist made some cryptic reference to something about information related to the Lincoln assassination and his Secretary of War, Edward Stanton, which the CIA safeguarded and which he claimed could never see the light of day. I didn't sense it was anything personally scandalous, per se, but rather along the lines of information that was known, or actions which were taken in the time immediately surrounding the assassination. I'd love to see that, if it exists, and more than anything, I think. I don't know that I'd want to know everything else that they had done, or worse, were up to.