I Don't Care Anymore

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

At least not for a good while. I just can't watch a team not give a shit after listening to all the bullshit about being bigger and tougher and just all of it. I, at least, cared under Jones enough to want them to lose in order to get rid of that cancer. Unfortunately, we've seemed to be cured of Liver Cancer only to get Pancreatic Cancer.

I just, at 42 years old, and watching the same shit year after year after year, can't muster up any more emotion to really get mad, incredulous or anything other than resigned. Will we fire Pruitt? Probably sometime in the next 2-3 years. Will we look like dog shit for the duration of this carnage? Yes. Why bother as a fan? I've got better things to do in my life than to really worry about this shit anymore.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm just glad I don't live in bammer anymore. Heck, after tonight, I'm just glad I don't live in the States right now. No having to talk about football tomorrow or next week is going to be great.

IP likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Piss off

IP likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I ended up ordering Chinese food from the place I hate. Because why not.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, I know.

Volnbama and IP like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know what is really sad? This is not going to be a major story in college football. This is not Michigan losing to Appalachian State. Outside of the SEC, no one will even notice. It won't even register.

utvol0427, NashVol11 and TangoUniform like this.
  7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've got battered fan syndrome. I always come crawling back even though I know the abuse is coming.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I got in trouble for my initial food answer for what I felt like tonight. Apparently "dipping my head in a deep fryer and eating my own face" is "disturbing" and "gross."

PilotFlyingJ and TennTradition like this.
  9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Growing up, I used to be sick to my stomach for a week after any loss. Nowadays it honestly doesn’t even bother me. Guess I’ve become numb to it.

zehr27 likes this.
  10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I really wanna check out.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Shell eventially get used to it and just ignore it. Trust me on this one.

IP likes this.
  12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I remember thinking that Butch Jones was rock bottom. But I’m learning to never underestimate God’s hate for Tennessee.

vols85, VolDad, hohenfelsvol and 3 others like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Welcome to the Hotel Tennessee. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

vols85, RockyHill and hohenfelsvol like this.
  14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I got an upset alert from an app about it, and thought, “Why?”

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

#metoo

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I still care. But I can’t justify spending money on it for the time being.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was trying to convince my wife we should consider going in on season tickets with someone. Imagine that. Committing to 8 hour drives multiple times a Fall for thousands of dollars. Wow. I really wish Pruitt wouldn't do me these kinds of favors.

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

10 years ago, this would have ruined my entire week... 5 years ago I would have ranted and raved and gotten over it but today? Today, I feel nothing. Not anger, not resignation, not even chuckling at the futility. I just feel nothing. Like if it were Kansas State losing or some other team that isn’t even on my radar...

TangoUniform, reVOLt and 10SEvols like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We were planning on going next week. It’s not worth spending $1 and then getting home at 1 am