I don't care how unpopular this opinion is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by emainvol, Oct 8, 2011.

1. volup2uous

volup2uous New Member

Almost reminded me of game day when Murray and dawgs got mentioned and our QB and O was never mentioned..

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Murray had all day and they let a freshman wideout beat them all day. There were multiple deep plays that could have been touchdowns.

3. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

If you had told me before the game started that UT would hold GA to 20, I would have put it in the win column.

If we have one [uck fay]ing rushing attempt against LSU, Bama or SC then Cheney has to go.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I wouldn't give them too much credit, they gave up FGs early and TDs late. We got beat on both sides and STS again.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

uh, what? The D was damn lucky, but UGA at the whole first half clock by shoving it up our ass. The inverted PI calls bullshit was screwy and probably cost us 14 points, net. Otherwise, we sucked in almost every way.

The crap we trot out there opposite Rogers is pathetic. The freshmen must be lost, because we never look at them.

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

If you had told me before the game started that UT would hold GA to 20, I would have put it in the win column.

If we have one [uck fay]ing rushing attempt against LSU, Bama or SC then Cheney has to go.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Lane is getting better and getting confidence, but why in the [uck fay] do we keep trying that toss sweep to the left side, where we have nobody who can block even a little bit? It looks like a damn jailbreak every time we run over there.

I'm dead damn serious about wanting Richardson and Jackson out there to get ready for next year. They are obviously the future and more talented. Get them up the learning curve, because the shit we're trotting out there now is utter garbage.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Our offense is a much bigger concern to me in this particular game, now that it is over. One TD, off the efforts of Matt Simms. Ya.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Dooley defended "abandoning the run too early" against Florida. I agree, [uck fay] Cheney, but what the hell Dooley? Really?

10. chavisut

I think we should take a Bray approach with both and start them after this October road. They need to be in there at some point before year's end.

11. chavisut

I think we should take a Bray approach with both and start them after this October road. They need to be in there at some point before year's end.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

D kept us in the game my ass. A no name wr and a one armed gimpy tb destroyed Tennessee.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Because Jim is an awful play caller and I've been saying it since last year.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I see Dooley as the type to cut people loose, unlike Fulmer. I would fire Eric Russell before I went to bed tonight if I were him. CHH hasn't done shit with the oline in regards to run blocking either. Dave Hart needs to get the check book out and use some of that money they saved by hiring Dooley. Then again, they're still paying Phil.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wilcox made some mistakes tonight, and was slow to fix them, but over all it wasn't horrible.

Chaney should be coaching for his job, the rest of the year. He ran back to back draws. He ran a pitch to the same side that he was faking a jet sweep too. He forgot that we had a tight end that was killing them. I'd rather go with two tight than to have Zach Rogers filling Hunters spot. If Zach is on the field, he has to be in the slot that runs short routs. He has no down field game what so ever.

I'm just starting to question Chaney's game plans, and the overall lack of ability to find any rhythm in play calling. He needs to learn without the threat of both Hunter and Rodgers on the outside, that he has to stay on schedule and not keep putting the offense in bad situlations.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Preach it, brother 53.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Chaney was screwed by using "ask corso", that was the reason for the exact [uck fay]ing play being stuffed two times in a row.

18. chavisut

What happened to Rivera in the second half? Should have been drawing up him all night.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were actually locking him down in the second half. I noticed.

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Offensive play calling was shit. I agree with you 100% on the young guys. Id do it in the defensive backfield as well.