I don't care how unpopular this opinion is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by emainvol, Oct 8, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Let Randolph take over at free and move Waggner back to corner full time.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

When you have a healthy Bray, you come out guns blazing in a game, passing 4 times for every run and calling plays as quickly as possible.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I have not been high on the staff since Dooley arrived, but we still have glaring personel holes, especially on defense. The offense looks spectacular against weaer competition, anemic against better defenses. I'd change something about what we are trying to do with the run game, and I think the oline and back coaches are good places to start, but otherwise I think we are set through next year when we will see what the coaches can do with something closer to a full complement of second players.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't like a young safety is going to do any worse than what happened tonight.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

This could have gone a long way in recruiting too.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Seriously, what the hell is the deal with our safeties? Do they ever do anything? Are they even out there? I never see them making any plays at all. One of our liabilities made a couple of aggressive tackles tonight and he's not near as speedy as Brewer. What the hell? Let Brewer come up and make plays in the run game. He's of limited use otherwise. Let him shut down the corners that our DEs can't seem to seal and LBs can't get to. Agree to give up the over the top and make the damn corners never lose inside leverage again to require good throws.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I imagine it did.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm not ready to throw the O-line coach under the bus for bad play calling.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you are going to play with no over the top help, he needs to stop trying to jam them at the line.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If it didn't, the next 3 games will.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I agree. It's the only pressure we bring to the table. I know we're trying to protect our defense, but we have to get over that shiz. We don't have a defense and our offense isn't made to control the ball. That said, our receiving corps, without Hunter, is very limited since it's freshmen and a girl opposite Rogers.

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

You nailed it. Wagner made one play tonight from a safety position.

The real problem is speed at the position. They certainly can't guess wrong and make up any ground.

13. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

It might be more of a pet peeve or something but I hate:

1 - the poor 3rd quarter performances against decent schools

2 - the defensive confusion that happens at least once every game

3 - the poor clock management

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Preach on Reverend.

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

You can frustrate the hell out of good defenses going five wide and completing four yard passes. Bray has the arm for it. Surely Milton can run a four yard slant or hook.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Why don't we throw more screens? That'd be a great way to get the ball in Rogers' hands, when they are double teaming him down the field.

It'd make the conerback come up and and try to jam, and that'd open up the inside slant that he killed florida with during the game.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Is anyone opposed to showing chaney and russell the door?

18. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Bray has got to check into that when the blitz is on. I isn't like Georgia was masking their blitzes.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

No plus a couple others.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Russell - who cares? It's special teams and there isn't much he can do about Palardy and Darr. Rest has gotten better. Chaney, I'm not a fan, but he has been dealt a very tough hand.