I have a Butch Jones Film Study Request re: read option

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Nov 15, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why is it that when Worley was running the option, he correctly "read" that the defense was covering HIM, not the running back... but now with Dobbs, the guy who ran on Bama and S. Car, they seem to be covering the running back?

Could someone get Butch to break down that film for me? Looks the same.

2. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Simple, butch would make a great car salesman because everything that comes out of his mouth is bullshit.

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Obviously Lil Jon has been the difference.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

LeVar Burton's successful Reading Rainbow kickstarter, imo

6. I think Dobbs ran the read option well in all games he's been in. When did Butch Jones go in and take the snap during the game I think I missed those plays?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Worley wasn't actually reading shit most times he ran the play. People asked why not. Butch claimed he was making a read and doing so correctly, remarking that he should hold a film study for the media to show them why they are wrong. I am requesting that film study, now that we have another QB who is so clearly reading things differently. Or do you believe defenses were playing QB 20:1 ( conservative estimate) on those plays with Worley the ground-pounding threat that he is, and now with Dobbs being such a statue the defens is playing it 1:1?

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Trying to reason with an ******* that just wants to stir shit is an exercise in futility.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I thought his film study comment was about how we were running gap schemes and not read options. Could be wrong though.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't really have a problem with him talking to the media like they're idiots, either

11. If I'm stiring anything I'd like to know what was going on here back in late 2012

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know what was going on, you just don't believe it. That's totally reasonable on your part. But I'm not eating crow for something that was true. Just like I won't eat crow that Worley wasn't reading shit even if we win 10 national titles in a row. He wasn't. Period.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He's covered both. Once the read option and how statue was running it well and once exhaling our zone read. He never mentioned LBs with nothing to do while statue tried running our idiotic offense.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Pulling out two year old crap isn't bolstering your dumbass quest to support Jones as a coach. The guy clearly isn't a football coach.

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

This is what I don't get. Is hillsdales argument if you were wrong about Gruden you are by default wrong on Jones?

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

No. He can't actually back up his argument about Jones so he goes to the well to pull out the Gruden jokes. It's a sorry act.

17. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

The only thing hillsdale makes an argument for is extremely late term abortion.

18. JayVols

We don't give a rat's ass what you want.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Butch Jones is a football coach. I googled it.

20. JayVols

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014