I Hope The DE Bathroom Murder Video Doesn't Get Released

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Apr 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

My high school had girls fighting all the time, drawing blood. None of them anything but white.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Clearly, you don't understand white privilege.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

This would seem like an adult conversation if you would then expound.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I maintain it is calling it "white privilege". From what I understand, it was mostly an academic term, but has been grabbed by the BLM movement and other things, allowing it to escape the test tube, so to speak.

Calling it white privilege immediately puts people on the defensive, offensive, etc. Call it "socioeconomic privilege" and people go "Yeah, of course I am better off than someone born to a couple of meth heads in a trailer park, or someone being raised by their great grandparent in a black neighborhood because dad is in prison and mom is on drugs." But telling someone that came from dirt farmers that they have a privilege because they are white causes anger and hostility.

It is meaningless to the average person and should be left as some abstract discussion among sociologists, if you ask me.

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Yikes, Teach for America community?

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

When in doubt go full on...

http://www.clarke.edu/media/files/Multicultural_Student_Services/definitionsofracism.pdf

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You making a coherent argument for your position would help as well. Heck, stating a position would be a start.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's a race baiters' race baiting term.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't know where I stand on white privilege? Really? A whole thread on it a week ago wasn't enough?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

NEA went full retard on that one for sure.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

In your previous white privileged argument about black incarceration are you saying that whites don't go to jail?

13. Beechervol

Left no doubt.

14. Beechervol

Just when you think you ve seen it all.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If being all over the board and whining about having to defend juxtaposed positions you took while pretending you posted something meaningful is called taking a position, I concede.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What are these juxtaposed positions?

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Really? There was a thread full of them a week ago.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Link it. Enumerate them. Should be easy.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm gonna back IP here in that I think VD's comment is sort of out of left field.
    I will say, however, that white girls -- based on my observations -- don't tend to fight like black girls.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I appreciate the tennis reference.