I like Dooley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by countvolcula, Feb 10, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I support UT but I think Dooley sucks. Still livid over losing to a much worse team.

2. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

I know that Bama game hurt bad

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Man, I got hooked in by this troll job. Damn cops, always toyong around with a man's emotions. Shit, these meds are taking me off my 'A' game.....

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

jay should be made mod and allowed to ban. that would be funny. i need a good laugh

5. JayVols

To quote a Bartles & James commercial, " Thank you for your support!"

I think......

6. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Had to shake it up in here.

Bored to death at home with shitty weather

Only the overly negative get to me

And the overly positive

Im more mid of the road, but leaning heavy to the positive side

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I saw your other thread. figured i'd give you some help!

8. JayVols

Thanks. I enjoy a good exercise in futility....

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Was never sold on him being able to get it done here, but was willing to let him try to convince me. However, he seemed likable enough. The more stuff I heat about him, the more he comes off as even more cutthroat than Kiffin and a gigantic phony.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The more I hear about him the more I don't like him. I didn't really expect a lot of wins these past two years but I didn't expect the team to quit on him after the third game of the season either.

Kiffin made it very clear he was here to win ball games. He never acted like he gave a damn about anything else, which was fine by me.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't care if I would like him or not. Just win. I loathe, loathe, loathe Phillip Fulmer personally, but had he not let the program drop I would not have cared.

That said, I do love Dooley's quick wit and random historical examples.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Kiffin didnt bother me whatsoever with his attitude. I thought the guy could/and would have backed up his talk if he had stayed. If Dooley wants to be a pompous smart ass, by all means thats fine, Just Win Baby!!! Until he starts winning, I think the fanbase will continue to nitpick every little thing that he does.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't like Dooley. If he wins, I'll start liking him.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Everybody does know that he HAS been bad, however. You're standing in the Sahel in winter expecting rain. History says no.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

This seems pretty generous. I could buy this argument if you're talking about a guy like Jimbo Fisher, who hasn't really done anything special but it's probably a little early to tell for sure. However, we're talking about the odds that Dooley will actually be able to compete for SEC titles against coaches who have as many (or more) national championships rings as [ddiapos] has winning seasons.

Saying the evidence favors those who believe Dooley won't succeed is a huge understatement. The evidence overwhelmingly supports the assertion that Dooley is a bad, if not terrible, football coach that seems completely incapable of running a program like Tennessee.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I would take that a step further. The only thing that matters is reason to believe that he will succeed, not evidence that he won't. It isn't a flip of a coin. You hire, and retain, people in specific jobs because they have shown something that indicates the ability to do them well.

Nobody knows if the Ayres Hall bathroom janitor would be good or bad at coaching football. Chances are he would be a bad, if not terrible football coach incapable of running a program like Tennessee because he's never done anything to make anyone believe he would be capable of succeeding in that capacity. According to some, though, he should be given a chance because he hasn't proven beyond a modicum of doubt that he couldn't do the job.

17. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

CV - Simply an outstanding job of stirring the pot! Dang that was entertaining.

Actually I am in the hopeful group now. Before and especially after UK I wanted his GA azz back home with Momma Barbara. However, the coaching staff turnover and solid recruiting class gives me hope it can happen now. I like Hart - think we got a guy that knows what and when to say stuff to Dools to get things corrected. Think Coach Pitt and Coach Graham are going to be given control of the running game. I like TE's over FB's on offense. I like Fugate going to ILB - could be another Austin Johnson deal. I think Coach Sun will be a major improvement on D. The extra year in the S&C with a good roster and a trio of excellent WRs to get the ball. Better schedule. This could be a big year if Dools will stay out of the way and watch his mouth.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If your head football coach has to stay out of the way to win big, you need a new football coach.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

my agree button won't work, but I'm pressing it, 53.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Road trip, I honestly don't understand how having half of your staff bail and seeing a recruiting class get slightly worse inspires confidence. Please elaborate.