I miss Lane Kiffin.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Apr 16, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, he accepted the job so he could embarrass University of Tennessee.

It's more embarrassing rolling out a team that's ill prepared to play Arkansas, Vanderbilt or Kentucky than it is to have a loud mouth coach that brings attention to himself.

People miss Lane Kiffin because [ddiapos] was hired to replace him.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Nah, just not going to suck the guys [penis].

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The BOT and Hamilton panicked and hired Vince Dooley's son instead of promoting Kippy or hiring Sumlin (who wanted the job).

I don't blame a coach for leaving a school that's Athletic Department is a cluster[uck fay], that is getting absolutely no help from the Chancellor or a fanbase that wants him to get bit by ticks and chiggers for a higher paying job in an easier conference.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I wasn't too impressed with losing at home to a shit UCLA team, but other than that, I would generally agree.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think some of that UCLA struggle was necessary for the team to improve. Had to eventually make Crompton pass the ball. They erred in letting him pass as much as he did, but thems the breaks.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I can buy that, but I think if we going to continue to espouse Kiffin's greatness in this thread, it should also be noted that he couldn't beat a terrible UCLA team with Eric Berry, Janzen Jackson, Montario Hardesty, Denarius Moore, Luke Stocker, Dan Williams, etc, probably all of which, possibly with the exception of Moore, are better than anyone on the current team.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That loss sucked. However do you let Crompton throw it to UCLA or try to block Brian Price with walk ons?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Meh. Saban couldn't beat Louisiana-Monroe with quite a few draft picks, himself. Year one isn't about wins as much as it is getting the guys running things the way you want them done in years two and three.

I do think we should have won, but that loss didn't make me much less optimistic.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and what's wrong with that? outside of barkley he wasn't left with much at sc.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I agree with most of that, and that's really the way I felt about it as well. However, his recruits that turned out to be complete busts also didn't do us any favors, but that may very well be due to the fact that he thought he had to take some risks in recruiting.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Kiffin is only memorable because Dooley has thus far been a joke. He is a very minor blip in the history of Tennessee football. Had he stayed? Who knows.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Would much rather have kiffin than dooley

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gruden will make us forget about both when he runs Nick Saban out of the SEC. Go Vols.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The same can be said for numerous coaches when compared to Dooley.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I've watched some of the games and it was the most smash mouth I've seen Tennessee play in years, on both sides of the ball. No doubt the potential was there, but I really wonder about where we would be from an academic success standpoint, a players staying out of trouble standpoint and the NCAA breathing down our necks for violations. I fear the bad he would have brought outweigh the good and maybe I'm just as well off not getting to thoroughly enjoy that season.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The bold is the whole point. If Dooley didn't suck, I wouldn't have started this thread. Its like the guy in "Things Vols Fan Say" video says, I like Dooley, he's a good southern boy. For some reason his coaching isn't up to par. I would say from an x'o and o's standpoint he is probably good, but from a motivational/players got his back standpoint he sucks, and thats why the team imploded against UK.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The Kentucky game will be THE event that people point back to and say that is what cost Dooley his job. There will be other factors as well, but that will super cede them in my opinion.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Posts like these are on of the many reasons why Vols fans are considered dumb rednecks.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Unfortunately true

Academically, that was the best team Tennessee has had in the past 15 years. Kiffin did take academics pretty seriously. His second class, the one Dooley held together, has stayed out of trouble for the most part. His first class was pretty much a colossal failure. The NCAA tried really hard to dig up some dirt on him here but couldn't and that was with the AD actively pushing him under the bus.

I'm sure he would have eventually got caught doing something by the NCAA simply because he thumbed his nose at them.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Just how I feel, the guy [uck fay]ed Tennessee as hard as he could. I have nothing but disdain for him. I'm not advocating that he can't coach and he is head and shoulders better than Dooley but I cannot bring myself to say too many good things about him.

I also feel like a lot of people look at his one year and think what might have been in the positive light, I think of all the bad things that would have happened to UT if he would have stayed. I grew tired of his antics before the season even started. It was almost a daily occourance that we were being blasted by the media because of something he said or did.