I miss Lane Kiffin.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Apr 16, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

By the way, the fault for hiring Dooley lies squarely on Mike Hamilton's shoulders.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Its hard not to have hard feelings towards the guy. I never said I personally like the guy. I understand that, but it wasn't like he was any of neighbors. I would probably rather have Dooley living next door. I am of the opinion that as long as you win football games, you can be the biggest ass you want to be. Of course, I didn't want probation, but we aren't even sure that would have happened. As you said he is clearly head and shoulders better than Dooley as a coach.

3. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Dooley has yet to show a single instance that he is even competent when it comes to X's and O's of the game.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

[uck fay] them too.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He's been pretty money on the trick plays on special teams. On anything else. . . no, not really

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He had some trick play blow in his face last season. Maybe SC game.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was the special teams coordinator under Saban...

The onside against Cincy was a thing of a beauty. Tennessee has ran more fake punts in two years under Dooley than 17 years under Fulmer. Most have worked well.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Onside kick to start the second half. Palardy kicked it in the second row if I remember correctly.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't he do that twice last season? The one that worked was a straightforward kick. Anytime he tried to do the more standard sideways kick he never gave us a chance.

10. Tar Volon

Yep. But that was after four straight successes on fake punts/onside. I'll take 80%

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

At the end of the UGA game, I remember UT kicking an onside after Simm's td and Palardy skip rocked it into the river. Dooley was pissed. I was sitting right above our sideline and he chewed him for a minute and a half solid.

12. Tar Volon

Yep. We were pretty good about catching teams off guard, but when we had to line up and execute. . . we had Palardy

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's right. I remember being pissed Palardy made the exact same mistake a second time. You know Dooley probably burst a few blood vessels when he did it the second time.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

All special teams success of the last two years is easily outweighed by the mass of failure that was the Joe Adams punt return coverage.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

What was more embarrassing? 13 on the field or the punt coverage on that play

16. Tar Volon

I can't really complain so much about the coverage (insofar as it means getting the players in the right places to make plays). Just fundamental tackling. . . ugh

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

True we we had like eleven guys in position to get him.

And Macon, that punt return might have been the most embarrassing single play I've seen out of UT. Reggie Bush would have a hard time pulling that crap off against a decent high school team.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I was watching it with 2 friends who aren't UT fans and they both said they were embarrassed for UT.

19. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That's as bad as it gets, when others are embarrassed for you.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That was so bad I laughed out loud, and just shook my head. I couldn't even be mad. Non-UT fans around me were incredulous, asking if what they saw just happened.