I miss Lane Kiffin.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Apr 16, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I turned the channel.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Wished I could. Remote hit the wall before I got that far.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[video=youtube;RxW2mL8BbOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxW2mL8BbOA[/video]

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

You cheeky son of a [itch bay].

5. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That and Fulmer had fallen so far when he was let go.

We had seen a problem with effort in 07 at times and a complete meltdown in 08.

Then, Kiffin comes in, has the team playing above the talent level and then leaves.

You sandwich a good job between 4 bad ones and people remember the one good a lot more.

I do think Dooley did a decent job in 2010. The UNC game is still the only time I have heard a spearing penalty called

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I agree about 2010. I was alot more optimistic about Dooley after 10 than I am right now.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Wipe off your britches and wait for the next coach

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The UAB game and what happened in Baton Rouge made me think he was never going to be anything more than an 8 win or so guy here consistently. I thought maybe he could catch lightning in a bottle with Bray and Hunter and get Tennessee back to SEC East contention.

After 2011, I doubt he's able to do that.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just watched that video compilation of Hardesty earlier in the thread. After watching Poole tote it for the last 2 years (no offense to him), Hardesty is about 3*10^7 times as badass. I know offensive line play was bad but Poole couldn't hit a hole if it was the ocean and he was on the deck of the Titanic.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I laughed. Solid stuff Johnny.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Mo Hard is my favorite back since the Travises.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

So he's the guy who hit the ship propeller?

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I wish we wouldn't wear orange pants. I like White on White for away.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

White on white that's [uck fay]in' Vols.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

All [penis] Huffman does is lay down truth.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes, USC 24/7 readers, a great many Tennessee fans have "gotten it" for awhile.

Kiffin's abrupt departure was stinging, to say the least.

In fact, you'll notice on the photos associated with our Twitter account that it was members here who started the "Bring Kiffin Back" faux movement and placarded the signs all over campus (allegedly). Of course, I believe it was more of a protest toward Dooley's reign, but some props for Kiffin were unmistakable elements, as well.

In fact, visit 8thMaxim.com - A Tennessee Vols Sports Forum - BringKiffinBack.com for some more jilted lover shit, albeit tongue in cheek.

And as always, feel free to register and discuss it with us - we don't hate all USC fans, or even most.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think there are very many Vols fans at all that actually believe Dooley is a better coach than Kiffin. In fact, there really can't be many Vols fans at all that actually have much confidence in Dooley at all. Once Tennessee hires a real coach and is good again, I think people will be a lot more honest about it.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm pretty sure a lot of us have been getting that since 2005. Fulmer running the program off the cliff has little to do with the hate for Lane Kiffin.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I agree, TV.

I never understood how Kiffin's leaving suddenly made him / EdO / Monte(!) suddenly turn to shit as coaches / recruiters, either. I guess it made people feel good to think it, but it was about the stupidest line of thought I ever heard.