I need a new NFL team

Discussion in 'Sports' started by MaconVol, Oct 1, 2014.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Watching this game, it's pretty easy to understand this thread.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Man, this one is even making me cringe.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Need the loss for draft position. After Whisenhunt gets canned in a couple months, the next coach needs a chance with his guy at QB.

Locker might make a decent risk/reward play for a team with transitional QB play. Not a pocket QB though so you pretty much need him to run and hope he doesn't get hurt. If you get him cheap enough to have elite talent around him, it might work out. If he can play 75% of your games. Actually now that it's written out it doesn't seem like a good idea at all.

Maybe a backup that almost saves the season after the star gets hurt but chokes/gets hurt himself at the crucial moment.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think I'm just going to go back to not giving a shit about the NFL until the playoffs. I have better things to do on Sundays than waste them watching the Titans play garbage "professional" football.

5. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I need a new college team

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

He's a backup. Occasional flashes of goodness notwithstanding, he misses too many throws to be a starter in this league. The cringeworthy part is that this was obvious long before the Titans drafted him.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

droski had him pegged.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The titans haven't been worth it as a franchise since the day they let Steve McNair go.

9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I think that even though it looks awful right now, there's hope with the new ownership. Of course, they still haven't won a playoff game since like 2003.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Hanging Locker's break or break year on a first year coach wasn't particularly inspired management.