I still think Milton sucks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DeonG, Jan 6, 2023.

1. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

The sky is absolutely not the limit.

2. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

15-29 combined against South Carolina and Vandy?

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

not fair to not include all details, such as coming in vs SC late after Hooker injury and the wind/rain at Vandy.where we rushed for 350 yards and didn’t need to throw a single pass.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the scary part. He looked pretty damn good against Clemson and in mop up duty but Vandy was pretty bad. Do we get inconsistent up and down or the Clemson version?

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Milton is like Djokovic to me. People have left him for dead because of past issues and then I think he's going to show us he's not.

IP likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. CardinalVol

In some ways he's like that girl in high school that you deep down knew was gonna be a babe, but just wasn't yet, and then all the sudden going into your senior year she show's up first day of school and is a bona fide 10 and everyone wants to go balls deep in her. Suddenly you wish those days when you were in study hall with her at the library you'd went for it.

VolDad likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Jamarcus wasnt very smart. Milton is. People talk about the big arm too but Jamarcus had a big ole windup and Milton throws it from the ear.
    Not sure really why they are compared.
    I don’t believe we’ve ever seen a stronger arm than Milton in college ball. He’s going to need to take something off some of those slants. It’ll still get there fine, but more will go off our hands with less room for error and shrink the catch radius with a ball coming too hard

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The reason they are compared is because they are really the only two people in the last 25 years that can throw a football that far.

10. CardinalVol

Could Rohan Davey throw it farther than Jamarcus?

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

3 and out. Still sucks.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

I agree. And this is not really something that is teachable. He took way too many sacks in the Clemson game.

15. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

58 TDs to 5 interceptions may not be perfect, but it is out of this freaking world.

16. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  17. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

Novak Djokovic? Winner of 23 majors and the undisputed GOAT of tennis? Who ever left him for dead?

10SEvols likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Is teachable with little shifts and shoulder moves and we’ve already seen his footwork much better. Improvement also comes with game experience

emainvol likes this.
  19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think Hendon has shifted the expectations massively. I think Milton is not as good as Hendon. I think Milton is not in the top 5-8 qbs this year. But I don't think you can look at how we improved and the weapons he has and say that his shortcomings will make a huge difference. I think he'll put up big numbers and protect the ball well. What Hendon did with his reflexes and instincts, Milton might lack. But we might get some magic plays from that arm, and with this group of receivers, that could be fun. And now we have a legit game breaking pair of backs in Sampson and Seldon. And both guys are versatile and can move around. I still see us going 9-3 but I don't see us losing any blowouts. This season if you're gonna get through Tennessee you're gonna have to earn it, and I think if you don't play at your best we'll run you over

20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Championships are always the goal but this all I've ever wanted to see on Saturdays.

Ssmiff and VOLinDAWGland like this.