I thought that Len Elmore and Reggie Miller were TURRIBLE

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kidbourbon, Mar 24, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Elmore was clearly rooting for Mercer and is just atrocious.

He was later describing UVA's "back" line D, and not only missed on the term, but described absolutely nothing.

He needs to go away.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I love Reggie Miller, and have enjoyed his calling of the games. He isn't the most polished, but I kind of like that. I get tired of hearing the same commentators drone on and on about the same stuff, and more concerned with well-worn catchphrases than being entertaining or informative.

I think that Elmore was rooting for Mercer, and that this was apparent when he exclaimed, "Good gosh!" when Mercer turned it over in the second half, when they looked to be on a little run. Several seconds later, he apologized by saying that he was sorry if his comment appeared to be "overly critical", which I took to mean, "Sorry for being so obviously upset that they (Mercer) turned it over" and had nothing to do with being "too critical", at all.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I listened to the game. Why is Kesling so much more tolerable for me when he's calling basketball games rather than football games?

Edit: Oh, and he was obviously biased.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's a neat little blog.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The only reasonable excuse is that he cannot find the ball in football.

8. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

It sounds like Elmore and Miller are arguing the entire game, brutal... and yes Elmore was clearly biased.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Football has more dead time to fill. It is as simple as that.

Oh, and Bertelkamp.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I didn't hate Miller. I like his style doing color commentary. Elmore sucks. He might as well have been wearing a Mercer shirt.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's a good point.

12. tripper

tripper Member

Got to like Reggie Miller. The Stone Cold Stunner that Lopez put on Reggie was classic.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Forget Elmore being biased yesterday, he's just plain awful. Hell I've never played basketball and understand more about the game than him.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Saying all that, there's still been worse. I remember James Worthy calling the Tennessee North Carolina sweet 16 game in 2000. He was beyond atrocious.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He's like the Joe Morgan of basketball.

16. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Get Nance and Anthony Friday night and don't forget sweet Tracy.