If Bortles Is First QB Drafted

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 24, 2014.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Guess we will see soon enough.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He's a shittier version of Mike Vick. If cam newton, who has 10 times his talent, can't succeed in the NFL why is Johnny football going to do it?

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You just mentioned 2 guys that couldn't pass the ball for shit when entering the League and still have trouble with the quick game. Johnny Football has no issues there.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You know your shit, what's the obvious glaring flaw that you see that I don't?

Is he a turd? Yes. But the sucker can do it all.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Cam Newton was unsuccessful. Thanks for that info.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am not a fan of his passing abilities. His ball seems to float too often and that shit just does not work very well in the NFL. I also think his ability to allude defenders is not going to work at the next level. I see him getting the shit beat out of him kind of like Vic. People also forget that he was in a system that has made more than one QB look amazing. He does have talent I just don't see it being enough to be successful in the NFL.

7. kidbourbon

Guess we will see soon enough.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's the way I look at it. Time will tell all.

9. kidbourbon

Jah would never give the power to a baldhead.

[video=youtube;meKhfr_CjQ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meKhfr_CjQ0&feature=kp[/video]

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's a second round talent that will be over drafted due to a weak qb class. I like him and his style of play, but I don't think he's a guy you plug and play first year.

11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Johnny F Hockey will be 4x the professional H player than JFF will be at football, and he's massively undersized and gimmicky with his ability

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If he's asked to drop back the majority of the time, I believe you're correct. He's not a guy that can be asked to straight drop, that's not his game.

What captivates me when watching him play is his torque and underneath accuracy. I've never seen a QB throw dead strikes across his body with accuracy. It's a bad habit but he does it with success. If NFL defenses can't break him from it, it leaves open the demensions that allowed him to be as successful as he was in the college game.

13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

For real. I was certainly a doubter of his--I thought he'd be another VY--but I admitted I was wrong long ago.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm with you there.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What? Vick has a far better arm than Johnny football.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You don't watch nfl football?

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

No ****ing shit. Too bad the ability to sling it 60 yards hasnt translated into being a halfway decent passer at the Pro level, which is all that matters.

18. kidbourbon

The question is do you? Or are you just ****ing retarded?

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Vick has a cannon but he couldn't hit the ground with his helmet. Manziel is extremely accurate.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Scouts were impressed by his footwork at his pro day, yes it's a pro day but he has the ability to do it. I don't think it'll be a problem considering he's gonna be running out of the shotgun 70% of the time.