If Bortles Is First QB Drafted

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Nobody is saying anything about Mariota.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Ok.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

How many Panthers games did you watch this season?

4. NashVol11

But you were saying HE (Cam) isn't successful. Now we're just talking about other QBs "like him?"

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Plenty. I wouldn't put him among the top half qbs in the league

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cam isn't successful and there have been zero successful qbs in the modern era like Johnny football. Two separate arguments.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The sacks he is going to take at the NFL level will take a toll real quick.

8. NashVol11

Plenty meaning how many? I have a hard time believing that you live in LA and watched a bunch of 10 AM Panthers games.

(And as someone who did watch them all season, I have a hard time believing that you'd come to the above conclusion if you did.)

9. NashVol11

What exactly would he have to do to be "successful?" Win a Super Bowl?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Nfl ticket my friend

You think he's an elite qb? Name the starting qbs he's better than. This should be hilarious

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You must think Andy dalton is a hell of a qb

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

By what metric is cam a top qb? His team won games?

13. NashVol11

You didn't answer my question. NFL Ticket means you have the ability to, but with about 10 games going on it's hard to believe that you spent hours watching Carolina.

But even then, you should have seen at least one of the New England/Miami/second New Orleans games. In all three, Cam got the ball down 3 with ~2 minutes left, and in all three, he led 70+ yard touchdown drives--mostly with pocket passing. I also assume you saw his TD pass to Olsen in the aforementioned New Orleans game, which was an absolute strike. If you think his game is straight backyard football, you're not paying attention.

Don't think I didn't notice that you tried to change the criteria from "successful" to "elite," too.

14. NashVol11

Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Texans, Titans, Raiders, Bengals, Jaguars, Chiefs, Browns, Eagles, Redskins, Cardinals, Rams, Bucs, Vikings.

That's half the NFL right there, all of whom have QBs worse than Cam. So you're already wrong, even before we debate the merits of Cam vs. Cutler/Flacco/Kaepernick/Stafford/Romo.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You mean 3 games that he would have been ahead easily in if he had showed a pulse the rest of the game?

I said Manziel is backyard football. Cam's game is more 1940s football. Ie don't let the qb lose it for us

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Dalton has more yards, Tds, and the same qb rating. And you have to be insane to think cam is better than foles or Alex smith. And I'm not convinced rg3 or Bradford are worse either .

17. NashVol11

Yeah, because the Panthers had such a strong run game.

We've hijacked this thread, but I've made my point.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

11th in the league in rushing is a liability? I'm sure being 29th in passing means that was the key to all the victories

19. NashVol11

You think Cam is unsuccessful but you like Foles and Smith? You talk about watching football but then revert to stats to talk up Dalton? Are you serious?

And RG3 is the embodiment of what you're criticizing Manziel for. He's only succeeded when running the read-option. I don't understand your criteria at all.

20. NashVol11

How many rushing yards would they have without Cam Newton? Since it's all about his supporting cast, and all.