If I'm the defense

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm angry. They played their tails off.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You could say the same about every loss this year. If the offense can't score 24-28 points a game, you won't win many games.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

0 for 3

That's the game.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If we're are going to play the "if this had happened game" -

If Alabama had actually made those 2-3 picks, the score isn't even that close.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I doubt it. Special teams couldn't save us against Arkansas.

6. Volalum

Volalum Member

Why the f*** keep attempting long field goals and giving AL a short field when you know the kicker is terrible? Dumbass coach, that's why. D should be kicking Botch's ass.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree minus the final Bama drive. Had Coker dead to rights for a loss of 12 and let him go. Then gave up two easy fades. When the offense needed to step up on the previous drive, they drove the field and put us ahead late. The defense had a chance to end the game and didn't.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If I'm the defense I pick better pursuit angles. The offense is brain dead, but they aren't blameless either.

9. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

Maybe they could use Aaron medleys legs to make stilts for Nick Saban

10. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Alabama missed about six opportunities to end that early. Dropped interceptions, touchdowns. Strange holding calls... It was a great game played by the Vols, but the worst of both worlds might have happened. A loss plus a HUGE moral victory for Butch. You have to win that game with the way it went in favor of your team so heavily the entire way.

11. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Martin and Sutton choked as bad as Dobbs and his oline when they both had chance to end the game. Martin had a easy pick had he not fell. Cam is not playing like a first round pick this year.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, blowing pretty much every game anyone cares about is almost the cruelest fate. #1 would be lucking into a win against a team that loses a Heisman candidate on the first play and blowing all the others. Oops.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Interesting point. Everybody talks about "how close" UT is (just a few plays) but also fail to mention UT is a Von Pearson catch laying on his back from losing by 3+ scores to UGA 2 weeks ago.

And our best win being BG or KY.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

My mind has failed me, did we have a lead in the 4th against Arkansas? We have blown 3 of 4, 4th qt leads, that's what ticks me off the most.

15. I don't think so. Started the game 14-3 if memory serves, but were down by the 4th.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Pretty sure we were up 14-0.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep