If/When Dooley gets fired.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They had 2 drives end in missed FGs and had a 75 yard pass nullified by a clip 40 yards behind the play. There is no way in hell Ray Charles would have described the game in that matter.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They had one drive of more than 45 yards the whole game. One. They had exactly seven points that didn't come directly off stupid interceptions. The longest they ever had to go to score was 35 yards. You can certainly say that they left points on the field. But you can't say that they left more points on the field than were granted to them by stupid Tennessee mistakes. At least not if you watched the game.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That was Brooks's 5th year there and that team had 11 NFL players on it (12 if you count Andre Woodson who was drafted in the 6th round and never made it above the practice squad.)

The job Holtz performed at SoCar was amazing but they did go 0-11 his first season. They were competitive at times though...

Total Defense against conference opponents
    2009- 10th-Vandy
    2010- 12th-Vandy
    2011- 6th-Vandy
    Total Offense against conference opponents
    2009- 12th-Vandy
    2010- 12th-Vandy
    2011- 6th-Vandy

If you could find another coach in the SEC who has had the same across the board turnaround in Year 1 I would really like to see it.

Franklin and Kiffin are pretty similar if you haven't noticed.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kiffin made a couple of jokes about Florida at UT functions. Franklin is a child at all times.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I liked the Kiffin hire the whole time he was here. As far as Franklin goes, I don't think he is on Kiffin's level. I don't think Franklin would make it at a big time school. No evidence to really back it up, just a hunch I have about him.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You know, there was a Vandy coach within the last 10 years who actually beat Tennessee. A much more talented UT team, at that. Franklin hasn't done shit.

7. Tar Volon

I'm going to hazard a guess that you won't find too many coaches who inherit 19 returning starters either.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Are you comparing a team that started Jay Cutler, Earl Bennett, Jonathan Goff, and Chris Williams with the 2011 Vandy team? Please tell me you aren't.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

19 returning starters who in the previous 2 seasons had gone 1-15 in SEC play and it's other 3 wins came against Rice, Eastern Michigan and Western Carolina.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That's an understatement.

Franklin is taking a page out of Kiffin's book when he stirs the pot.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The fact that we are even talking about Vanderbilt means its time for a coaching change.

12. Tar Volon

It was a nice improvement. No one's denying that. The game against Arkansas was dominated by Vandy. The game against Tennessee was not.

But not having to replace a whole bunch of players in year one, while not sufficient for success, probably rules out the vast majority of new SEC coaches from the get-go.

Personally, I remain skeptical after seeing the wild inconsistency of his offenses at Maryland.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In all honesty, Franklin's 6 wins aren't that much better than those 3 are they? A couple of better names, obviously, but really bad teams last year.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Franklin is a douchebag 24/7. Watch him during a game. He isn't imitating anyone.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They still were Vandy at every other position. Guarantee you that Vandy had NFL players on the team last year, too.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Except he comes off like Clay Travis instead of a football coach.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I love me some [penis]. Huffman.

But we are at an impasse on this one.

James Franklin = Trooper Taylor - recruiting prowess

He is an absolute, unmitigated buffoon. Would prefer that Tennessee showed live circumcisions on the Jumbotron than to see him on the sideline in orange.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Straight passion right there.

Solid post.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I bet you would, Tenny D. I bet you would.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a Tebow joke in there somewhere