If/When Dooley gets fired.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It'll be interesting to see how you react if 19 returning starters who went 4-12 in SEC play the last two years turn into a middle of the pack SEC team.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

2010 1-7
    2011 2-6

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

rich brooks has a career .400 winning percentage in both the pac-10 and the SEC. he's a shitty coach.

if one can win big at stanford, surely a "great" coach can win 9 or 10 games once or twice at vanderbilt.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I agree that he sucks, which is why I selected one of his seasons to show that a decent season with an impressive upset doesn't prove greatness.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yes I am. I am, I believe, without question, the strongest and loudest defender of pretty much all things Vanderbilt on this board. I feel that I have as good of an understanding of the school and its athletic situation, at least over the past 20 years, as anybody not directly employed by their Department of Games and Contests, or whatever they call their AD now. And I think James Franklin went 2-6 in the conference and finished 5th in the east with a team that should have gone 2-6 in the conference and finished 5th in the east with some close losses. Perhaps that is a bigger accomplishment than I understand, but if so it is one shared by every man to hold that position since the 1st gulf war.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Bobby Petrino may be available soon.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They kept Nutt when he was plugging a news anchor

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Robbie Caldwell had no business being a head coach anywhere, much less a team in the SEC, albeit Vandy. I think just about any coach following someone like Caldwell would show great improvement across the board, would be hard not to. Hell, Caldwell makes [ddiapos] look like Nick Saban in comparison.

In response to why James Franklin improved Vandy.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If Pete gets fired by Seattle I would be [uck fay]ing pissed as hell if we didn't throw the farm at him.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Oh, I don't think he's gone from Arky over this. However, should the unlikely happen, would the powers that be even look that direction, or would he be too unseemly of a character?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The contract better have harsh language concerning NCAA troubles.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pete wouldn't come here.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Shhhh we want to believe!

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean, we could get a coach on his level, just doubt we could get him. Who do you think he is going to call immediately after being informed he is a candidate for the UT job?

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

THIS

Well Lane says he doesn't have any hard feelings, he enjoyed his time here, and that the riots were out of respect. . .

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Doubt he'd give our compliance office a glowing review.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If the money is right Petey would coach in the SEC in a minute.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me personally, I think Petrino is a chickenshit coward that has no business at a prestigious program. I would feel like a dirty whore cheering on a team he coached. I hope the only time he is in Neyland Stadium is when he's suffering a 40 + point loss.

I think Kiffin leaving like he did puts the kibosh on a guy like Petrino.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As long as Carroll doesn't try to hire Orgeron or Reaves, he would be okay.