If you drive by neyland today....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 11, 2016.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The US flag flying over Neyland today is in honor of Sgt. Mike Trost, a friend of mine.

His back story is Afghan forces turned on him and left him for dead. He's currently at Walter Reed where he's had his leg amputated aboce the knee and is experiencing some issues with the recovery.

When it is taken down today, it's going to be sent to him in a care package going out in Monday. Just really cool stuff.

Happy veterans day to all who served.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Damn.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Amazing

4. CardinalVol

He's had 34 surgeries since the incident.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If you see your friend, tell him that this American Citizen is thankful for his service, and that we are all behind him.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It would not surprise me if my cousin has met him at Walter Reed.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

man. hope he realizes we appreciate his sacrifice.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Holy crap that sounds awful. I thank him for his sacrifice and service and I hope we as a nation take care of him.

9. CardinalVol

I joke with him he's got his own line item in the federal budget at this point.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's an amazing and terrifying story. I hope we do right by him.

11. CardinalVol

He leg was basically rotting which is why it had to be amputated. He also had a finger and thumb blown off in the ambush, so when they amputated, they took his big toe and made it into a thumb for him. It's weird looking, but cool.

All on all, he's got a tremendous attitude about this. A billion times better than I have. He got to meet Obama (ironic if you knew him at) and several others at Walter reed. He jokes that he is going to be very specific picking out his prosthetic leg because he wants an "ass kicking leg". Works a ton with wounded warriors project. Not a fan of the VA locally though.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The veteran that gave our speech yesterday had a major heart attack on Sunday. He was just at the VA on Friday for test on his heart and told him he no plaque build up at all.

He's pretty excited about Trump on his promises to fix the VA.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tell him I appreciate his sacrifice

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Please convey my heart-felt appreciation for his sacrifices.

We need to look to more folks like this as our heroes.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly. As a society we tend to prop up the wrong people more often than the right ones.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Thanks to all the past and present veterans. Especially those in harms way at this time.

God bless you