Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 12, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sounds to me like he was talking out of his ass a bit. card would know better than I, but assuming this is a small operation, I can't believe you'd be better off as an S corp. I would form an LLC though if you haven't already.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Already have. He wants us to push as much labor on employees as possible and be basically just managing them. That way we could work other jobs. That makes sense for my partner, but not as much for me as I don't have a high paying job. And even still, this is really specialized stuff. One can't just pull someone off the street and have them trained up in a month. They need to understand some chemistry, geology, and geography and then make decisions based on what they are seeing. I have trouble doing all that in some cases, not sure how someone working for minimum wage or near it could do it.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and being S over LLC makes no sense at all. The pass through nature of LLC makes it the best to owners as a tax help. S brings overhead while only allowing the same benefit. I don't get it.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't get it either. I'd be wary of this accountant. sounds like he's trying to generate work for himself or look smart.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'll falsify your scientific data for free. No training needed.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

damn, just like science PhD candidacy. Perfect.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is all processing to access the data. If you could falsify it before I was doing it, you'd save me a lot of time and risk.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Neither do I, but that was his advice. I haven't taken it because we haven't grown near large enough for any of that.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

never too small to form the LLC and button up the paperwork. Never, ever too small. Those operating agreements are a pain in the ass and can be long, but they're worth the time and pain.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are an LLC. Did that in October

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I am sure you do not mean that if Bubba Dumbfock who has broken anvils with a rubber hammer goes to work for you, that paying him substantially over minimum wage will make him work more safely. Just had to get that out of my mind.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm familiar with HF. I even have the hard hat sticker to prove it (packed away somewhere).

I've no problem with your position. I can argue both sides of this one all day. It's what I've done for a living for a long time now. It shouldn't matter what you pay when you are talking about employee safety and health, but the fact is it does in most cases. I'll wrap it up before I start into a soliloquy-styled analysis of the topic.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The more illegals, the more potential Democratic voters.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cut some slack, with the future members lost due to the pro-choice stance, it's a wash.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ehh I'm not sure the current generation is all that religious. The teen unwed pregnancy rate in Mexico is certainly far higher than a generation ago.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was saying aborted fetuses would have grown up to be democrats since they were unwanted children.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ha ha

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

No longer issuing a Notice to Appear (NTA) is what really surprised me. I agree'd with what the Sheriff said in that a wall is important but simply enforcing our laws would help deter some of the people.