I'm Just Not Seeing The Basis For All The 8 and 9 Win Talk.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Aug 15, 2011.

1. TwigInOrange

TwigInOrange New Member

Sure Wins: Montana, Buffalo, MTSU
    Probable Wins: Cincinatti, Kentucky, Vanderbilt
    Coin Flip: Georgia
    Probable Loses: Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas
    Sure Loss: Alabama

If I'm playing the odds on my analysis, all we have to do is win one of the probable losses and win the ones we are supposed to. Doesn't see so unreasonable to me.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I worry that the LSU game may look more and more like sure loss as the game draws near.

The game from last year really showed how far we've fallen. The effort from LSU that day should have meant a serious beating from a Tennessee team. They were terrible. Unreal that we lost. Pathetic preparation, gameplan, and execution from a team that had us outclassed at every position. They pretty much played the way we did against UGA in 2002. We got pulverized. LSU won. Almost like one of our UK games from 5+ years ago where they made it scary for awhile but our superior talent wrestled away victory in the end. Now we're on the other end.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed. And let's not forget LSU has had a lot of those games under Miles. I'd say it's very possible they blow UT out.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU should blow Tennessee out just looking at the talent level.

5. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

8 wins IMO.

All the should wins and UF and UGA.

Could also win USCe and Ark IMO. One, not both.

LSU and Bama are loses.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

We have mods from VN posting openly here now?

How did I miss this?

7. volinbham

volinbham Member

2009 Alabama looked like a sure loss too. We were a big ole [breast] away from winning that one.

8. volinbham

volinbham Member

What losses would you take for a win against Bama, UF and two other SEC wins?

Options: LSU, UGA, UK, VU, ARKY, USCe

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Give me Kentucky for the streak and Georgia because of recruiting. It would suck to lose to Vanderbilt, but I'd still take the other two.

10. volinbham

volinbham Member

I'm torn - I just don't know how I'd stomach a Vandy loss and given it would come at the end of the season after we had wins over UF and Bama it would look bad.

I'd say I'd take losses to LSU, Arky, USCe and UK and wins against UGA and VU along with the Bammers and Gators

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I would take UK over Vanderbilt just for the streak. UK is the last game of the year, so I would hate to lose that one after feeling good about the season.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Although the streak is nice, I just don't think I could stomach another loss to Vandy.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What's up with Rod Wilks being in the two deep and not Moore?

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

MHF guaranteed he and Lanier would start, meaning neither will see the field their entire Vol careers.

15. chavisut

I'm not sure Moore is really suited for SS.

16. chavisut

Which means he won't show up until midway through the season.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

946629.1140868781345.bump.jpg

Smart people on this board.