I'm rooting against us

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 29, 2012.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Never, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, WILL I PULL AGAINST THE VOLS!!! It is well you saw the error of your ways.

2. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I could not bring myself to wish for a UT loss, but i do not think it makes you a bad person. It shows how completely fed up you are with this coaching staff.

3. HopVol

HopVol Member

Oh I have never pulled against the Vols. I would just kinda pull for the gators with my buddies down there as long as they weren't playing TN.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I understood you, I was just emphasizing your answer.

5. HopVol

HopVol Member

Gotcha, yes I saw the err of my ways.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I rooted against em against Ms. St. Not gonna lie.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

To be honest is honorable, to root against em is deplorable.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Bingo

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I cannot root against the team. They are it. They can be improved with proper coaching. I do not root against Dooley but I don't have to. He is in way over his head.

10. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

I don't root against them, I just dont give a shit anymore. at the start of the season i was fired up loved listening to the ainge show ,reading about our team and the progress we had made, etc.....but now, hell....it just depresses me too much.

come on basketball season!

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm probably not going to watch this weekend out of apathy. I don't care to watch UT as long as Dooley is there giving the Vols a chance to lose every game

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This.

13. govols74n

govols74n New Member

It's a difficult time that's for sure....I really do want these seniors to be able to win out and win a bowl game, but that really makes the final decision hard on hart...if it was up to us he would have been gone last year, bit It's not up to us. It really sucks, my wife is sick and tired of me being depressed or grumpy every damn Saturday.....

14. 247VOL365

247VOL365 New Member

It's physically impossible for a true fan of the Volunteers to root against his/her own team even if they say they're going to. You just can't do it, no matter how bad you THINK you want to.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Just gotta keep your eyes on the prize. Not sure losing against Miss State was necessary, but it seemed to be to me at the time.

If your friend has a life threatening infection in his leg (Dooleyitis), and there is a 50-50 chance of death (another wasted year that might take two to recover from) you have to be in favor of the amputation (losing).

16. 247VOL365

247VOL365 New Member

Shit. You got me there. Damn good analogy!

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I can't do it, but I understand the concept of amputating a limb to save the rest of the body.

18. JayVols

I was on a cruise and unable to watch. Glad I was spared the temptation.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

The fear some people are getting is you don't get rid of Dooley now that means no Gruden.

20. JayVols

The "True Fan" bullshit won't fly here.

If I misinterpreted the use of the phrase in regards to your post, disregard the direction of it towards you. However, I meant what I said.