I'm torn between two things

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Nov 29, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I hate Botch Jones and his lack of respect for UT. Making it seem like it is difficult to field successful teams at UT. Making it seem like negative fans will somehow cause problems in recruiting when the boosters give him a private jet and UT has some of the best facilities in the country.

On the other hand, I have cheered for one and only team since I was 6 years old.

I feel like I can't cheer for UT, because that means I am cheering for that moron head coach that has no respect for UT. Can I despise Botch and still cheer for UT?

Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just like you can hate Lyle and love UT, you can watch and support the team without loving Lyle. I cheer for the players, especially this group because they don't quit and firmly believe they told Lyle to **** off in the UGA game and went rogue.

3. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Yes. You are dealing with what is known as cognitive dissonance- you hold beliefs that are in conflict with each other. This can be cured with whisky.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just cheer for UT and despise Jones. It's right foot-left foot for me.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yes. Even though he is a moron and nearly tied for worst coach in UT history, I still want to see victories. Now, if he quits like Dooley did, and the players follow, I really don't care what happens.

6. BigOrangeBeech

Exactly.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, I've managed to do it

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Same

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Team going rogue against UGA is just ****ing stupid. Really is.

10. GahLee

Third.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dobbs called his own plays several times that game. Debord still struggles getting plays in

12. BigOrangeBeech

Thanks for setting the record straight.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I like this idea, but it isn't that simple to me. When I was watching us close out the game against UGA, instead of celebrating all I could do was think about how Botch beating UGA was a negative for the long term health of the program. Botch has literally drained every ounce of enjoyment out of UT football for me and it sucks.

My dad and grandfather started taking me to games when I was three and I've been to well over 100 games in Neyland. UT football has been a big part of my life and some of my fondest memories with my dad and papaw revolve around UT football and I looked forward to make those same memories with my son. Now I don't give two shits if we win, lose, or if I even watch the game. It's a damn shame what's been allowed to happen to the program.

14. GahLee

Probably the first QB to ever to call a play.

15. GahLee

No problem.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like you, but you're really dense sometimes

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'll quit watching before I root for a loss.

18. GahLee

I'd say the same about anyone who thinks the team just called their own number in spite of the coaches.

19. GahLee

Did it once, against Georgia this year. Never do it again, no matter how bad I hate the coach.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If your coach can't get plays in, they kind of have to