IMO, IYAM, TIFWIW I think this is Dooley's most important game to date/UGa Week

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanbill, Oct 2, 2011.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Yep. IMO, this game is bigger than LSU or Bama. If Dooley can pull them together to upset one of those (so highly unlikely) it would be his biggest win obviously, but win or lose, I think this is his biggest game he'll have as a Volunteer throughout the season. A win against UGA sets up a big matchup against USCe and a loss almost makes the USCe matchup a must win for him, but this UGA game sets it all up. I'm with Hat... A loss means we haven't really improved from last year.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not sure a loss means we haven't gotten better at all from last year. I think there's still enough significant holes it might not translate to more wins. I'm not playing the moral victory card, just think the way this team competes against better teams can also be a judge of improvement or not. That said, it's time for these guys to get a win in one of these "winnable" games.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

See what you're saying, but losing more competitively to all the teams we lost to last year rounds down to no improvement on my scale.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

At the end of the day, it's about wins and losses.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

can't exactly disagree with that, either, if i can waffle. i guess it's just a process, and eventually wins and losses will be the judge.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I get what you're saying... Moral victories exist right now with Alabama, LSU and I guess UF. UGA and USCe aren't that good this year. It's time to show we're as good as we've been playing and beat one of those teams. I think we can beat Arky too. 2 out of those 3 games would be comforting to me to know that we've significantly improved from last year. This team might be minus Hunter, but we should be pretty fresh going into Saturday night, it's at home and UGA is STRUGGLING this season. It's time to put up or shut up.

And for those playing at home, I only include Florida in the moral victories dept because we obviously have no answer for speedsters like Demps and Rainey. Can't wait to see them leave.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

You'd also like to think that if this coaching staff was going to be The One, they'd find a way to win one of those games (UGA or USCe) even if we aren't as talented as even Georgia or USCe. So yeah, to an extent it is time to put up or shut up.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

yup

9. A bad QB doesn't make South Carolina a bad team imo. They can run it and their defense is good.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A bad qb makes them a 5 loss team

11. Vader

Vader New Member

I agree completely

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one is calling USCe a bad team. We're calling them a beatable team for Tennessee.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

so they are a 5 loss team then... Just saying.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How well did they run it against an awful Auburn defense on Saturday?

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

USC is gonna have a hard time keeping Ds honest when their QB is below 50% and throwin pics.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

In the best of times they're a 4 loss team.

17. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

Say what you want, but I would rather have a senior QB as my general than some gang-sign throwing punk from California.

18. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Troll, fail.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I want to say you're a dumbass that enjoys losing.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

better they be an alcoholic than from california. got it.