In Defense of Butch Jones

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 6, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good call, GCB. I forgot about the 8th Stasis Pods. I need to order four, please.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I think being one of the few opponents in their win column is only going to magnify the embarrassment of last weekend.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think Florida struggles to make it to 6 wins.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

People act like freshmen are incapable of not looking like shit.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think Florida has 4-5 losses coming down the pipe.

Best staff in America, ladies and gentlemen.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Not many on here are.

Florida's true freshman QB came out against a hostile crowd and a well playing Defense and proceeded to make 2 clutch 1st down throws and several 1st down runs.

Florida's awful staff didn't use a "b-bu-bu-but it was a true freshman" or "first road game for Treon Harris" excuse. They STFU and he performed.

When Muschamp and Kurt Roper make you look bad... you look bad.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Bajakian did such a great job of adjusting the protection to help with the pass rush.

8. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Butch today : "Don Mahoney does a great job…if you watch the tape, you'll see the development"

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I was about to say, DC, that it's amazing that freshmen on defense are making plays but freshmen on offense get a pass for looking inept.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Heard him say this on the radio a moment ago:

"There are only so many things we can do scheme wise. It really all comes down to our players winning their one-on-one match ups."

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

no no no, you see, you've got it wrong.

Butch Jones sees the progress. We won't, obviously, because we suck just as much on gameday as we did. If anything, given our new penchant for penalties, we suck more. But regardless... the progress is in the locker room and other places we as fans or anyone else that isn't in the locker room won't see it.

See?

There is progress there, it just isn't evident.

Jones should go into government contracting.

12. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Butch today: "everyone wants the prize, nobody wants the process"

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Development is still underway.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

If he said that, his last 2nd to last bastion of not being Dooley has been breached.

Now we need his recruiting class to crumble for the Dooley drop to be complete.

Didn't Monte Kiffin say "it's never the players fault? It's my job to put them in a position to win their matchups?" I could swear he said that.

But what would Monte Kiffin know about being a good football coach, right?

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

See, it's crap like this that swings me from apathy back to anger. Now my qi is out of balance.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is the single most scary thing I've ever read from him. Wow.

17. NorrisAlan

Were funds routed elsewhere because of recruiting last spring? I imagine emergency funds are being found for R&D as we speak?

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm through listening to his press conferences. These are paraphrased Dooley loser quotes. Let's water the bamboo.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Been relying on NYY fundraising efforts. He keeps forgetting to charge.

20. NorrisAlan

Oh. I feel bad now, because I haven't paid in months. I thought he just like-liked me.