In Memoriam: 17/18 Vols SEC Champs Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Nov 5, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Beat Clemson on the road in a scrimmage today.

Concensus seems to be that good point guard play can make this a tournament team.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I hope so. It'd be nice to be decent in b-ball. We need a little juice somewhere in UT sports.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

No reason why this team can't make the tourney. Almost everyone back and have added a few new faces that should contribute.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Been hearing since Pearl "if we have point guard..."

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like that and at least one dominant post player wins a lot of college games. Those two pieces create difficulties.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

dammit I forgot about that game. If someone ends up wanting to watch and find a link, please attach. Looking forward to this season. We have @ 5 guards that think they can shoot like Curry. I'm good with it.

7. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Wasn't televised or streamed.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Audio was streamed. I listened to it. I could be trolling though.

MaconVol likes this.
  9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This team doesn’t appear to have met a shot they don’t like.

10. midtownvol83

QQ

11. CardinalVol

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Gretzky, Jordan, Michael Scott

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

My kid is starting basketball this winter. He better shoot it every time he has it on the offensive end of the court.

My wife warned me that it will make him a ball-hog. I told her, "damned right."

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

Mine doesn't want to play this year and I'm happy as he is terrible and it was eating me alive inside. He does want to try wrestling.

14. midtownvol83

Give him a chance. Could be the next Dane Bradshaw.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

my youngest son may have played his last game too. Sucks. But none were really good. Mainly because they didn't practice on their own, but they didn't love the game like I did growing up. I couldn't wait to play, everyday possible, from a kid until my 30's. And at 47 and upcoming 10th knee surgery, am paying dearly for it.

16. CardinalVol

I said he was terrible, not God Awful.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My daughter just started on Sunday. She is actually one of the few that passes. I told her I proud of her for sharing but she needs to shoot more.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There is a fine line. I would rather my son (plays soccer) would take the shot too often and the coach have to reign him in that him to be too timid to shoot. Too often I see players miss a wide open attempt because they are too afraid to take the shot.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

There definitely is a fine line on how to coach them on taking shots. There was a girl on the other team my daughter was playing that was really good but she would jack a shot up every time she got the ball, no matter where she was. Needless to say she hit air quite often. That girl could be great if she passed more and got herself open closer to the basket so she could take more manageable shots.

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I liked to shoot when I was growing up.

Gimme da ball!