In retrospect

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Nov 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I am by no means a trooper fan, but the fact that entire staff hated his passion/attitude should tell you all you need to know about the attitude of the clubhouse.

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

What the hell sense does that make? Was Chavis only shown the door when Lane was hired because Lane was bringing Monte GD Kiffin with him?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was going to take a big name DC to get Chavis out of here peacefully.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I despise TT, but you're right. The way Taylor left was chickenshit and he recruited some straight up dumbasses that had no business on a college campus but the guy wasn't disliked for that. He showed too much enthusiasm.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup. Just gives you the warm fuzzies doesn't it?

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

On a different note, I am laughing my ass of reading this thread lol.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why is that?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Makes it easy to see why players loved Kiffin and his staff.

9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That's just nuts. I bet Chief would have wanted some/all of "his guys" to stay with him, too.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Just because of the funny shit you guys are talking. Not because I disagree with anybody.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yes.

Bullshit. Some folks called for that very scenario after our hire was announced. Dig back through the archives. I'll bet you won't be surprised at who it was.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Several people, many posters on this forum, thought at the time Kippy was the better option simply because there was zero chance of painting ourselves into a corner- exactly like we have. Hindsight may be 20/20, but smart is smart at any time.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Kippy Brown should be the coach right now.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

And you said that 2 years ago. I remember. It wasn't a popular opinion then.

15. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

nm

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It's what should have happened in the first place IMO. Even if recruiting would have taken a hit, I still would have rathar bit the bullet on that one class than hire someone who wasn't qualified for the job all the while having to put up with ineptitude for 2 or 3 years. Unfortunately, it looks like exactly that has happened.

IP likes this.
  17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I remember getting called out when I said it on toos. It feels awesome knowing I was right.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I remember the three of us all agreeing with that in an xbox live party at that time. Weird, I was in Knoxville then.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Interim coaches don't help out ADs that are in clear and present danger. Hamilton was going to get fired had he gone that route. Dooley was a hail mary. Sorry, incomplete.

It would have been nice to set Dooley up with the kind of contract that would make him pretty much an interim coach. How long is his deal? 5 years?