Indy, put your money where your mouth is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Jan 3, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You very well may be the best woman on the planet.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You earned it.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most of us have only seen Nyy's, aside from our home. Standards of what constitutes substantial balls are accordingly humble, and is why everyone struts around like they are mick Jagger.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

According to Keith Richards, Jagger has a "tiny todger"!!

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm saying that the only significant events thus far have drastically been in your favor. There are a hell of a lot of things that can go wrong for cotton, too. Didn't stop him.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Except if Cotton loses the bet, it means the team he loves went at least 11-1. So really, nothing can go wrong for cotton.

And I'm not sure any of those things are as big of a deal as you're making them out to be. I think most people were expecting everybody but MAYBE Sutton to return. The Shoop hire is definitely the biggest of the three, but I don't think we needed a new DC to hit the 11-1 mark. Our schedule is going to be a joke.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I would have to buy you dinner, idiot. That's what would go wrong. That's how bets work. I would also be shown to be wrong on the internet, which is apparently a pretty big deal to some people.

Your lack of any conviction to the things you say prevented you from making the bet.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is scared of a friendly bet. Its sad.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If I didn't believe in what I said, why would I offer to take the bet right before the season? Why would I even bring that up?

It really gives me a good laugh seeing that word being used in relation to this bet.

10. cotton

Because you are acting like a pansy while trying to not look like a pansy. I don't think you are succeeding.

What was unfriendly about it? Read it again. Everything was fine until you decided that you didn't really mean what you said which meant, in your world, that somebody must be wrong besides you.

Read it again. Here's the link: http://8thmaxim.com/site/forum/showthread.php?t=14367

This discussion is better contained there, if yo would stop whining about it in different threads.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And when I offer the bet right before the season? Then what will your bull shit explanation be? That I didn't really believe in 11-1 because I didn't take a bet on it right when you demanded? Stupid.

12. cotton

What's stupid is to think that I will offer something and wait for 8 months to see if you would like to accept or decline because you had your fingers crossed behind your back when you said, over and over, that there was no way we would be worse than 11-1. The stakes were so high, though, that i can see why you balked.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's like a never ending cycle. This is what, the 4th time you've put the words "no way" into my mouth with regards to my prediction?

And you didn't answer my question. How will you manage to spin this into me "backing up" when I offer you the same bet using the same 11-1 right before the season?

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This is officially the dumbest thread I have read on this board.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You haters are looking at this thread all wrong, imho.

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Indy has morphed into Bass.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah right.

18. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

Bass had a faster 40 time, Indy (God bless him) gets taken out by a kicker ;)

19. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

Love yew Indy!!

20. cotton

OK, Indy. I offered a bet based on what you have posted. You would neither take it or leave it because of assumed qualifications and broken legs and plane crashes and whatnot, instead opting to try to delay the decision about whether to take it until another date.

You think that makes you a reasonable, logical person. I think that makes you a putz. I do not think we are going to come to much of an understanding about this, so I will happily let it die and collect my winnings from Savage Orange at the end of the season if you will stop posting about it in random threads.