Indy, put your money where your mouth is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Jan 3, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just so riled up. So go **** yourself.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, you certainly seem more peeved than usual.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not. You should go **** yourself more than usual.

4. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Indy, I think IP is really beating around the bush here. Tell him how you really feel.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I would say Panera, but that always seems like a "the next morning" place, wink wink nod nod.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

**** you!

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Does that mean you are taking the bet? I am having a hard time understanding your answer to a yes or no question.

I've made the offer. It would be polite if you would accept or decline.

9. cotton

No. This is:

And this is:

There are others, but that should suffice.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Damn... I missed the boat on this thread!

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Excellent

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Neither of those posts uses the finite words you claimed I used. There's no "no way" or "no matter what" or anything like that in there. My posts on the subject have always come with the assumption of no major issues prior to or during the season. Obviously there are a number of things that could happen that would make me regret this bet later on.

If you're not willing to listen to my requests about a bet that you have already openly admitted has no negative side for you, then my answer is no. I don't think my requests have been that big of a deal, but you refuse to enter a discussion about it. I'm not going to bet on an 11-1 season just to see something annoying happen like Kamara going pro and Hurd tearing his ACL. There are just too many scenarios that could easily change my opinion, so taking the bet doesn't make sense. Why should I take a bet that has no downside for my opponent and has so many outside factors that could easily affect the outcome negatively for me and almost none that could negatively affect it for my opponent?

If you want to begin considering some of these issues, I'll be more than happy to discuss them with you and try to come to an agreement.

13. cotton

So...no?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Go **** yourself.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

When did you become part of this bet? Discussing these things with you doesn't matter if the person who's actually making the bet doesn't accept them.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Meh, there is usually expectations creep as the season gets closer. I'm guessing we can get Indy up to 12-0 by then.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'll wait and take the bet at the beginning of the season, Indy. We're going 9-3 next year.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I said "No" and then provided you with an "unless" scenario. Either it's a no, or the ball is in your court.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Really? I never saw you post that, barring injury or anything like that. Your posts were pretty straight forward that Tennessee will be 11-1 regardless of what may happen over the off season or during the 2016 season.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's why it's an assumption.

Why would I say we will be 11-1 regardless of what happens during the offseason? If half of the team dies in a plane crash, would you still expect me to say "11-1!"?? The assumption is there, so just stop with this nonsense.