Indy, put your money where your mouth is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Butch Jones

Butch Jones Small Member

Trust the process; take the bet Indy.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Rule 34.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They just got Trevor Knight. Better than what they had waiting for next year, I guess.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Isn't your recruiting class going to shit, ****boy?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Perfect sense.

It means you don't have the faith in the things you say now that you purport to have. That's fine. The offer is withdrawn. You can hedge and prevaricate to your heart's content for the rest of the year without any consequences as important as being shown to have made a prediction that didn't come true.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Which is apparently what this whole shctick was all about to begin with. The bet was just a means to start a pissing contest.

8. cotton

What's the "draw your own conclusions" bullshit? I thought I made it clear. Indy has repeatedly, enthusiastically, emphatically repeated that the only team that could beat us next year was alabama. He has done that in multiple threads as if it were a dispositive ending to several discussions. I asked him to stand behind his prediction. He will not.

The conclusion I'm drawing is that you don't think that it is very nice for me to ask him to back up his argument with a wager where he can make the stakes as small as a McDLT combo. The result is that I will ask you to mind your own business.

9. cotton

WTF are you, internet cop?

10. Savage Orange

You're being the exact same type of ass that you're painting Indy out to be.

11. Savage Orange

Public forum, dude. I'll butt in if I feel like it. It's kind of how a public forum works.

12. cotton

Go **** yourself. I challenged the dude to a bet on his assertions. He won't do it, and he won't decline. He's a blowhard with no backbone.

And you feel the need to stand up for him. Good citizen, you.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No, it means that I'm perfectly aware that many things can happen during an offseason that can cause one to change predictions he made 8 months before the season actually starts. If things remain mostly the same, I'd love to make the bet. And someone in this thread has already said he would gladly accept it at that point as well.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Multiple people can see that I haven't backed down from my assertions and that I will accept the bet considering a scenario with no massive changes prior to the season. Yet here you are, continuously spouting garbage about me going back on what I said and not backing it up. Its completely false, yet you keep saying it.

15. cotton

Then take him up on it. I'm not agreeing to possibly make a wager 8 months from now, mainly because that is one of the stupidest [dadgum]ed things I've ever heard suggested.

16. cotton

This is equivocal bullshit.

17. Butch Jones

Butch Jones Small Member

I am anticipating a great deal of recruiting momentum from the Bowl Game Win. We maintained our "Recruiting Focus".

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Bless your heart, I forgot all about you.

Keep up the good work!

19. Savage Orange

Hey Butch, when folks Google "Butch Jones family" it lists Barbara as a former spouse... Whatupwitdat? You not maintaining marriage focus? Eyes not on Barb's thighs??

20. Butch Jones

Butch Jones Small Member

That is an example of Google not maintaining its "database focus".