IndyCar Racing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Oct 10, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You know, I do remember past issues with vertigo but not as recent as last year.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sato is a dumbass.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

understatement

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I'm not a Montoya fan, but he drove a hell of a race today. Pulled for Kimble.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

One of the better Indy 500 races I have seen. No one ever got more than a couple seconds lead, with five legitimate contenders right up to TK's wreck.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was a great race. I didn't think Dixon could be beat.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Great race. I'm glad Power didn't pull it off and I'm with you guys, I didn't think anyone was going to beat Dixon.

Penske and Ganassi dominated today. I wish Karam hadn't been taken out by Sato's stupidity. I would have liked to see if his car was as strong as Dixon/TK/Kimball.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Has there been any report on the second guy that was hit in the pits? The one replay they showed looked like he had one foot pointing in a direction it shouldn't have been pointing.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So, Is Montoya now the greatest driver of his generation?

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That's always going to be a tough argument because of contractual obligations that exist now. JPM's resume is sterling though.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What a weekend. Awesome race first and foremost.

There's nothing like sleeping inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Nothing. I'd have to say riding bikes around the infield at 12 am the night before the 500 is one of the coolest things I've ever done there. The wife got her picture in next to the NDY 500 sign in the Pagoda Plaza before we were ran out of there. I'd say not many can boast that picture. Crossed a few other things off my Speedway bucket list too.

I watched the TV coverage last night. Scott and Eddie are annoying but I had no complaints with ABC otherwise.

Can't wait to do it again next year.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd like to do that. I grew up watching Mears, the Unsers, Andrettis, Rahal, Sullivan, and Luyendyk. Lost interest after the split. I could get into it again though. Much more entertaining racing than NASCAR, imo.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Why doesn't Hornish try to come back to Indy? He obviously isn't cutting it in Nascar and was very successful in Indycar. Is the money better as a back marker in Nascar than a top driver in Indycar, did he piss people off on the way out the door, or are there other reasons? His move to Nascar was before I started following the sport real close, but something that Montoya's success made me think about.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He said he has no desire to do it. Like, none. Which is the oddest [dadgum] thing I've ever heard and literally makes no sense to walk away from Roger Penske and sure fire Indy 500 wins. He also turned down Chip Ganassi when Dario retired, which is equally odd and similarly stupid.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Running in the 30s in Nascar > Success in Indycar

****ing brilliant.

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Uhh.... no! Not if you are a real racer. Racers want to win, examples: Kyle Bush running three divisions, Stewart running Sprints, to a racer second is first loser.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Maybe he is scared of Indy cars.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Your Indy posts always make me want to go back. I sneaked into Gasoline Alley on a practice day riding a mini-bike and acting like I belonged there. It was cool until i tried to get in the area behind the pit lane. Those security guys are a lot better at their job.