Indy's Madden 2017 Circle Jerk Online Season

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Jan 28, 2017.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I didn't. Indy beat me to the punch on Tyreek Hill though.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It said you had a trade with the Pats in the transactions list. Might have been one or two more as well.

And yeah, once I saw everyone else making moves, I snagged the guys left on my list lol

I'm still all for reversing the trades and free agent signings if we can find a way to do so. If we can, we should set a rule that no moves can be made until a specific time tomorrow, that way everyone has a shot to go after their guys.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Im not sure if they were real trades on that list but there was a lot of stuff on there I'm certain our guys didn't do.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just as an aside - I think doing it fantasy draft style would be an absolute blast lol

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I assumed as much for the preseason weeks, but once it hit week one, I figured the majority of stuff on user controlled teams was probably done by the users.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

So myself and the guy who has the Vikings played tonight.

I got up 20-6 and he conceded the game with 5 minutes left in the second quarter and said he forfeited. However, pretty sure you cant just concede in franchise mode as it just resets the game when you back out to the main menu. Not sure how you want to proceed Harry unless you just want to put him on auto.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Did it let you finish the game?

8. VB

VB Member

This thing is off to a torrid start

Dudes quitting games. People making cheesy ass trades

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I traded like a maniac last night.

I'm all for deleting all trades that have been made up to this point, if at all possible.

A hard reset may be the best option. We all know who has which teams now, so setting it up would run much more smoothly, I believe.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  10. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Negative.

It kicked me out to the main menu after he conceded.

11. VB

VB Member

We need to be onlybtrading between users unless people approve these trades.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm on board with this idea, although I don't really know of any way we can create an approvals system for trades with CPU controlled teams. There's really no way of knowing if a trade is going to be accepted by the CPU until you submit it.

Any ideas on how to limit User-CPU trades effectively without eliminating them entirely?

Also, which trades are you taking the most issue with, more specifically?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Thinking about this on my lunch break, I think it's important that we identify what exactly we are trying to limit if we are going to slow down User-CPU trades. Here are some thoughts I've had:

1. I think we could definitely limit the use of draft picks in User-CPU trades. Maybe something along the lines of "Draft picks should only be used to finalize a trade that is already close to being completed. Only one draft pick can be used per trade, and it must be from rounds 5-7 of the current year." That prevents people from using only draft picks for making trades and also stops them from using draft picks so far in the future that we aren't even sure we will still be playing.

2. We could limit the number User-CPU of trades allowed per player per week to 1 or 2 trades. This makes people really think about what they're doing and prevents people from flipping their teams overnight.

3. We could create a committee of 3 people that all trades must go through. They vote on every trade. Problem with this is that it's time consuming and hard to regulate. Again, what exactly would we be wanting these people to limit with these trades?

4. We could compile a list of players who are "off limits" to user-cpu trades. These could be players that we feel are only being picked up to break an aspect of the game (i.e. that 56 OVR WR that has 99 speed, 97 agility, and 98 acceleration). Again though, this is a bit of a gray area. Are we going to stop people from trading for guys like Tyreek Hill who have the ability to break the game but are also solid reflections of themselves and their abilities in real life?

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ok I've resent invites to timbo and Duane.

Still waiting on vb to accept.

Can't do anything about trades. I did set it to enabled human from enabled all, whatever that means. Current trades will stick I guess.

We've never had an online franchise so there's been a few learning moments, but I'd say from here forward we should be good.

I've added duckman and Indy as co commissioners. 3 commissioners should be plenty to keep things fair and at a steady pace.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good work, Harry.

I kicked Ben from the Seahawks, so they're open for VB now. Added Ben back to the league.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

New thread title is apt.

17. VB

VB Member

Can I trade Earl Thomas for Eric Berry

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

There isn't anyway we can regulate trades so I guess do whatever you feel is right.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think trades shouldn't be a huge deal as long as everyone plays sim style during the games. The bigger issue was probably people making moves before everyone was in. But at this point, I think we should be fine as long as everyone plays right.

I know Duane traded multiple draft picks to pick up Sammy Watkins, but he only did that because he's a HUGE Clemson fan. Like, wore a tiger suit out to the bars the night they won their first playoff game, huge. Again, as long as he plays sim style, I'm not too worried about it.

20. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Given that the Vikings guy conceded, should I go ahead and play my game on auto?

...assuming we are not restting the league.