POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If those numbers are accurate, I would think more women in the workforce now would more than make up for 1 out of every 9 vs 1 of out of every 50. How many women were out of the workforce then? Much more than 1 out of 50.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

still doesn’t explain that we have 7 million men in their prime working years not working or trying to find employment while we have millions of jobs available.

they’re not caught in the employment data but if they were we’d have Great Depression numbers.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Too many jobs are online applications. Some aren’t real or are auto ditched resumès depending on certain words. Then who knows what gets to a decision makers desk. There is a disconnect between unemployed and open jobs. Can’t just call and talk to someone about too many positions.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Anecdote:

I know for a fact that jobs at my work place get 3-5 applications, tops, and many jobs have been shelved because of it. And the 3-5 applicants we get have resumes written in crayon. This is for computer tech work, just fyi.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Well sometimes I think we hire those people

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I know they run the vet techs and assistants ragged here. It’s so bad they probably hired another administrator to look into it, with whose salary they could hire a battalion of vet techs.

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My guess on that is he is thinking people that came here that are crammed into a house with family members that are working and covering expenses. I agree that probably doesn't account for much but it doesn't help. I think the biggest problem is baby boomers who are now living off SS and retirement money are not getting replaced fast enough.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So you did get my resume

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is a source this stat?

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Good point. Cash-only participants are often ovelooked. However, I suppose theoretically, they could fall into the not working/not looking pot (because ... cash).

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what I am wondering. I knew some younger dudes that only worked cash and would not show up as "unemployed" or "employed."

15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I guess it all depends on how they arrive at the base # (labor force).

You would think the young cash-only dudes would be captured, therefore, included in the U6.

But I don't have clue.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm using scented markers next time.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'll never get a resume filled out if I use those. They smell amazing.

warhammer likes this.
  18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Sounds like we are moving the dial on how we count certain metrics, specifically seasonality adjustments. I don’t know ish about employment statistics so I can only draw from parallels in oil inventory statistics where adjustments are wild these days.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Every job added from the pandemic low to mid 2022 were warehouse positions (net obviously). Those jobs were filled from generally low paying jobs like fast food and gas stations. It’s an incredible stat but true.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m sure there’s a decent amount that are double dipping on social net services and working under the table.

I think the biggest drivers would be us selling out the working class of this country for globalization and being able to control other countries defense policies, the break down of the nuclear family unit, and Nixon taking us off of the bretton woods system.