POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think this is a major factor.

the bigger factor is some have to sell time for money while some just print money out of thin air.

and those closer to the money printers are always going to benefit the most.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

You can’t talk about riding food costs without talking about the rising energy prices. Natural gas and food are incredibly linked, as is diesel.

Also COVID inefficiencies have definitely impacted food.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It seems lately gas prices are ticking up quite a bit again. Anyone else notice this?

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They are actually falling here. Got down to about 3.00, then shot back up to 3.38 here in knoxville several weeks ago. Now I can find it for 3.07 at some places.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

hopefully we’ll start seeing more investment flowing back into that sector soon.

I’m all for investing in new technology but I think we’re throwing the baby out with the bath water on a lot of this ESG stuff and the poorest will be hit the hardest

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

ESG is a scam. There’s a very good chance I’m going to have to be involved with ESG shit professionally at some point and I dread that day.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

They never dropped that much here. Got just under 4, and have stayed there. Seems to be very regional. I could drive one hour and get it for 60 cents less. Or 20 minutes and get it for 50 cents more.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, probably not a coincidence that inflation went from worrisome to front-and-center with the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

which is crazy because the invasion did little to spike the already high inflation

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The buildup and sabre rattling began in October/November of 2021. It definitely maps with that.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Ours went down to about $3.20ish and now its back up to about $3.70ish. Was curious if it was that way everywhere. Sounds like it depends on where you live.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Jermaine Powell, who would probably like to use the war as an escape goat, said it wasn’t the cause of inflation.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The war absolutely had an impact on energy. We're still recovering from COVID supply disruptions, China keeps shutting everything down when there's a COVID case, all in addition to our stimulus. There is no single cause but a conflagration of events. But energy costs seem to have the single biggest multiple as it gets compounded at every step of the chain.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It really screwed up the European natural gas market for sure, but Russian oil is still making it to market.

id say the dramatic increase in energy has been brewing since 2016 when investments in fossil fuels have been on the decline and making it harder for them to do banking.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Good news is that we’re American and our energy is where we need to use it so we’re going to be just fine but will get dicey for the rest of the world

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I believe food maps back to natural gas and natural gas maps to Euro gas due to risk of having to shut off Euro LNG exports if our balances fall to deficit. Not to mention all the fertilizer not being produced in Euro due to high nat gas prices.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Massive win for your average American here. Time to put all those new “Build Back Better” IRS agents to good use. If this doesn’t restore your faith in our government and establishment political class always having our backs, I don’t know what will. Stuff like this is what the people want!

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Doesn't apply to non-commercial transactions.

IP and The Dooz like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

“Friends and family” can’t be taxed, imo.

IP likes this.