Infrastructure Bill being floated

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by A-Smith, Mar 31, 2020.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think I like this right now. If we are going to need to get people back to work over the next couple of years, this is as good a use as any.Hopefully, we are smart about what kinds of projects make the most sense.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It needs to be done, even without coronavirus.

Volst53 and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This isn't a bad idea

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

way over due.

Damn trump is positioning himself and the country to a good spot once this is over.

A needed Infrastructure upgrade while bringing manufacturing back home would be a killer move.

NYY likes this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Great, I've been advocating this part of Trump's "plan" for years. I liked it when Obama was pushing it, too, and ran into Republicans cutting the amount of funding he wanted. Now, $2 trillion? Ok, how are we going to pay for it? Is it just another rumination by Trump without much thought into how it will get finished? Still, a New Deal-ish program to rebuild infrastructure would be welcomed.

The Dooz likes this.
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

[​IMG]

InVolNerable and Volst53 like this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we learned under obama that this is just a payout to the unions and things get done at 4X what they should cost. money down the toilet

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they should do what they did when the 10 freeway collapsed during the LA earthquake and get bids from real companies and pay extra if they get it done quicker than predicted. caltrans and other govt agencies should have nothing to do with this or we will end up paying more union pensions for 30 years for millions of people because of this shit because of course no one will be fired after the money is gone

OneForVol likes this.
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i can already see the headlines 10 years from now "hundreds of thousands of american to lose jobs because trump infrastructure bill is out of money. We must save these jobs!"

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They should sub it all out Kiewet. That's the fastest road construction company I've ever seen

droski likes this.
  11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I mean, we have radon coming from below. We have asbestos in the ceilings. These are silent killers.

12. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain