Interest in Premium (Ad-Free) Site?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I appreciate it - but if you really want to thank those most responsible, it should be the mods.

They are the ones that do the heavy lifting, who worked to fix the speed issue, and many, many others.

I am only called upon when they have collectively decided to issue a statement, but wish for it to be of such length as to ensure that no one reads it - or pretentious enough to secure widespread disdain from those (sadists) who choose to suffer through the actual reading of it. Otherwise, I am more often hindrance than help.

In 100% sincerity, the success of this site rests with the mods and the members, alone. But thank you, on their behalf.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If spending several hours trying and failing to figure something out that takes fl0at twenty seconds to solve qualifies as work, then I've been working hard.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Float is an IT guru apparently. I do appreciate what you guys do so we can discuss our passions and act like 15 year old kids at times.

Having said that, Can we get the Quick-Nav box back at the bottom of the pages or am I just missing it?.............:eek:

Also, the jump to last post read feature on mobile site is not working for me anymore. Phone issue on my end or a site change?

Again, thanks guys. Don't mean to keep piling on crap.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Are you using the new mobile skin? If so, for some reason the "last page" links aren't working. We are working on fixing that. However, if you just click the thread title it will automatically take you right to the first new post.

5. JayVols

How do I know if it's the new mobile skin? Sorry, not an IT guy in any sense. It tries to load but all I get is 8th Maxim and something like Checkerboard forum or something like that. The page is essentially blank. If i hit the regular thread title it is taking me to the 1st post every time.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If I were you...

I'd do what you need to do to get back to the full/ desktop version of the site. If you are on the old mobile site, scroll all the way to the ottom and click "Full Site" Then in the desktop version scroll all the way down to the bottom left. There's a drop menu there. Change it to "New Mobile Style". Makes browsing the site easier, IMOGBOVFL.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Jay, you probably aren't on the "new mobile" skin. You'll have to choose "Full Site" and on the bottom right choose "New Mobile Skin."

I can briefly look into the last page thing on the old skin when I get home.

Every time I fix something, though, someone changes it. So I've pretty much stopped trying to fix things.

Now I just complain until someone else fixes them. It is much more rewarding.

8. JayVols

Thanks guys. Am going to try now. Will let you know.

9. JayVols

Got it.

No kidding: I really appreciate the help and work that you put in at this place.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I really had no objection to the adds on the site until i saw one for "The University of Alabama, a degree of excellence." Not only do i not want that trash on our site, it is also a blatant lie. A degree of excellence? I'm surprised "excellence" was even spelled correctly.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm being strongly encouraged to get a degree in Bible stuff.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They didn't say to what degree of excellence. Obviously a very low one.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's like they know who you are! must be a miracle! Jesus is trying to soften your heart!

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Maybe its that message or sign you may have been looking for! The Lord does work in mysterious ways!

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Got and add today in a foreign language! I have enough trouble reading the menu in a Mexican Restaurant!

16. JayVols

Quick question totally unrelated. Is something up with the mobile skin? I didn't do anything and all I am getting is the full sitr on mobile. I no longer have an option to go mobile at the bottom of the page. Thanks.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Tenacious fixed this last night. You may have to clear your history to detect the change.

18. JayVols

It's good now. Thanks guys.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"An atheist cannot be too careful in what they read." - C.S. Lewis

Just saying. But if it is like most divinity programs which I am aware of, you will come out an even stronger atheist than before you entered.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Most of those divinity classes couldn't find God in a ten-acre field.