Interesting NBA draft hypothetical question

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, May 22, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Tiger marketed himself as a golfer. Jordan marketed himself as some sort of God sent from Olympus for the improvement of our race.

2. hatvol96

I bet you're one of those people who believe his father's murder was random. How quaint.

3. hatvol96

If Jordan could have gone to the Lakers in 1987, he would have [dadgum] walked there for the opportunity.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Taking a quick break from the Lebron / Jordan discussion - who was the NBA player who was embarrassed that he got dunked on at some bball clinic (maybe by a college player?), went to a Nike rep and demanded that they confiscate the videotape of someone in the crowd, who filmed it (from court side maybe?)?

I'm thinking it was either Tim Duncan or Spud Webb - but maybe someone else.

Anyone remember this, and know which player it was?

5. Tenacious D

Oh, it thought it was a rhetorical question.

No, Jordan doesn't get a pass for whatever narcissistic qualities he possess or exhibited.

But that's JMHO.

6. Tenacious D

I've always thought Jordan was best known for being marketed as a basketball player, but admittedly, may have that all wrong.

7. Tenacious D

He may have = speculation
    He didn't = fact

Spit-balling is fun!

8. Tenacious D

I honestly never understood the story behind that one.

Killed in retribution for Jordan's bad gambling debts? I seem to have heard that somewhere, but don't pretend to know what is true, or caused it to occur.

9. hatvol96

He would have= Irrefutable to anyone with any ability to reason.
    He couldn't= fact.

That's a little more like it.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Bullshit. Tiger marketed himself as the wholesome boy next door you'd want to marry your daughter who was also really good at golf.

So would have just about every single basketball player in the 80s.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ummm who thinks Jordan isn't an *******? He's still better than Lebron and there is zero way his ego would have allowed him to go to say magic's team the way Lebron did with wade.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Seems to me like he could easily afford to pay any gambling debts before it got to that point.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You aren't seriously arguing marketing is what made Jordan seem like a great player?

14. hatvol96

Then why did two of the scumbags he played skins with in North Carolina have to go to the media to legally extort money he wouldn't pay. He's a pure piece of garbage. Anyone who thinks otherwise is horribly misinformed or named Buzz Peterson.

15. hatvol96

His marketing tried to make it seem he invented the [dadgum] game. Hell, he saved the world from aliens in a fu♢king movie.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And Lebron doesn't think he's Jesus Christ?

17. hatvol96

To answer your question:
    1. Buzz Peterson.
    2. Rod Higgins.
    I think that exhausts the list.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You forgot Oakley

19. hatvol96

Compared to Jordan? Not close. Talk to NBA guys played against the declining Jordan in Washington. You see the glee in their eyes that they got to shit on that [Penis] a few times. The only person close to as hater by his peers is his imitator Kobe. At least Zeke Thomas was liked by some of his teammates.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Lebron was marketed as a heel, he finally decided that image wasn't for him.