iPad 3

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by LawVol13, Mar 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is the Otterbox the one that is military approved?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not sure, but I would assume so. It is highly impact resistant. The old field laptops we had were Panasonic Toughbooks, and none of the other touch screen things I ever got to play with were anything more than super strong rubberized. But I would imagine Otterbox is producing some military products for various applications.

One of my survival kits that I let someone borrow and never got back was Otterbox, and it was awesome. Pelican made our rifle cases.

So the short answer is... probably, but I don't know because I'm too far removed.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

agreed. I looked at the two side by side and there was no comparison. Additionally, the 4g speed is night and day.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I guess I'll do that. I've read a couple of early reviews that say the display disparity is almost impossible to distinguish, but might as well give them a look for myself.

5. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

Text is supposed to be vastly crisper, which is about all I care about. I remember what a dramatic change it was going to the iPhone 4 display; I couldn't even look at an old iPhone screen after that without wanting to throw up. The improvement in the iPad's display over the old one is supposed to be at least as good.

I'm still stuck with my iPad 1 (!) for awhile longer; there is currently not a high Wife Acceptance Factor at the prospect of replacing my perfectly good iPad simply because there's another new one out. So I won't even look at the new iPad display myself yet. I'm going to stay in denial as long as possible.

6. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Buy the new one, put the old one in the new box. Wrap it up and give it to her. It's a win-win.

7. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Maybe if we had an iPad app, we could finally get Freak to join the 8th. At the very least, he'd be jealous as shit.